EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Objectives of the position: The Executive Director has the responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the pregnancy center. This includes the training and management of all volunteers, meeting the varied needs of vulnerable mothers who reach out to us daily, and implementation of necessary programs and processes.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervises: All Volunteers
• Compassionate, caring individual with a pro-life heart and the skills needed to counsel and support a woman in crisis (clients)
• BS or equivalent experience (Master’s Degree a plus) preferably in a helping field, or similar
• Managerial experience in a non-profit, social services organization or equivalent.
• Managerial experience with 100% volunteer staff a plus
• Experience as a volunteer in a ministry capacity a plus
• Exhibit skill in interpersonal communication, problem solving, and public speaking (a plus)
• Be able to provide leadership and support to the volunteers.
• Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work within deadlines
• Have computer skills and competency working with Word, Excel, Outlook, publishing software, as well as the ability to learn the center’s Client and Donor database software eKyros and QuickBooks.
• Conversational Spanish a plus
Client Care & Support – Oversee volunteers with the following:
o Identify and communicate with potential clients to assess their needs and provide appropriate assistance
o Connect/refer to appropriate resources, follow up as needed
o Identify and respond appropriately to difficult situations (i.e., crisis pregnancies and maternal/child safety issues)
Community Outreach and Donor Networking
o Develop and maintain relationships with community organizations, churches, schools, etc.
o Seek out and participate in public speaking opportunities to build awareness and to promote Birthright o Identify and participate in networking opportunities
o Recruit volunteers and Board Members
o Participate in interviewing of new Board Members
o Identify ongoing training and development opportunities for self, volunteers, and Board Members.
Fundraising, Marketing & Advertising
Director is responsible for all Fundraising and Marketing Initiates to include:
o Grant writing, Baby Bottle Campaigns, Annual Give Choose Campaign, and outreach to individual donors
o Seek effective ways to communicate and advertise the services provided by Birthright with the goals to both expand outreach to serve more mothers and babies in need, and increase awareness in the community
o Work with webmaster to ensure all information on Birthright’s website stays current and correct (birthrightofloudoun.com)
Communication and Writing
o Write, review and/or approve written articles for bi-annual newsletter, newspapers, church bulletins, etc. o Write and/or oversee timely thank you notes
o Oversee Electronic checkbook via QuickBooks
o Prepare quarterly financial statements for Board meetings using QuickBooks
o File 990/Charity Forms yearly
o Make sure all bills are paid on time
o Oversee input of client and donor management database (eKyros)
o Identify, interview, select, and train a solid volunteer base
o Oversee volunteers in the daily operations of Birthright
o Determine needed donation items and communicate need to appropriate donors
o Collaborate with the Board of Directors to plan Board meetings Quarterly or as needed
o Must be present at all Board and Executive Board meetings
o Ability to attend trainings and conferences as needed for personal development, networking, or refreshment, as approved by the Board of Directors