Family Ministry Summer Internship at The Basilica of Saint Mary
Sponsored by the Office of the Youth & Young Adult Apostolates and the Office of Religious Education
Qualifications and Skills:
• Be a college student or college-aged young adult with a high
• Be a practicing Catholic faithful to the teachings of the Church
• Be available for internship from mid-May to early-mid August
• Be flexible and willing to adapt to changing circumstances (and priorities
• Be willing to work nights and some weekend events
• Be able to work independently and with a team
• Be proficient in using common Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel and Word
• Have some public speaking experience
• Have some experience with event coordination
• Exhibits patience and kindness to youth and adults in a non-classroom environment
• Virtus-compliant through the Arlington Diocese's Office of Child Protection or willing to become compliant before the beginning of the internship
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute 240 hours over the course of the internship, which will
be a mix of daytime hours plus evening events.
• Assist the Directors of the Office of Religious Education and the
Office of the Youth & Young Adult Apostolates, with running the monthly Basilica of Saint Mary's Family Summer Program, which includes a variety of youth-focused and family-focused events highlighting service, fellowship, faith formation, and missionary discipleship.
• Help plan and lead various weekly youth-based and family-based events.
• Complete various tasks related to the Family Summer Program,
including mailings, updating the website, creating flyers, receiving and making phone calls, confirming service project benefactors, and other logistical support.
• Perform special tasks as requested by the rector or the directors.
Please submit resume with cover letter to Mariane Staron at