ONLY EMAIL INQUIRIES, please to: [email protected]
Purpose of this Ministry:
To assist the Pastor in the effective stewardship of all Parish financial, human and physical resources in accordance with Diocesan policies and guidelines. To provide administrative and financial record support to all staff, volunteers and parishioners as needed.
Average Hours Devoted to this Ministry Each Week: 40+
Position Reports to: Pastor
Position Supervises: Financial Assistant, Facilities Manager, Housekeeping Staff, and volunteer Money Counters
• Must be a person of faith committed to the Gospel values. Must understand and support the mission and purpose of the Church and Parish and must value the organization and responsible management of resources. Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality at all times and under all circumstances.
• Must have knowledge of the principles of accounting and bookkeeping and the ability to understand, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents used in the normal course of Parish business.
• Must maintain the integrity of the accounting system as well as provide input for future web and business equipment updates and enhancements.
• Must have the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks concurrently and be able to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to successfully resolve conflicts and solve problems. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with the Pastor, other clergy, Parish employees, volunteers, and others within the Parish community, as well as vendors, consultants and other service providers. Must be committed to employee motivation and team building and to continuously working to improve the efficiency, knowledge and skill sets of Parish personnel.
• BS/BA in accounting, business finance or a closely related field, required. CPA and/or MBA, a plus.
• Minimum of five years' experience in finance/business management.
• Must be proficient with Quick Books, Excel and database management systems.
• A minimum of three year' supervisory experience
• Experience in Parish or Catholic School settings, a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prepares monthly financial reports for staff and reviews them with Department Heads and Pastor.
• Presents and analyzes financial reports at bi-monthly Finance Council Meetings. Leads the Parish budget and financial management process that results in an actionable financial plan to drive accountability for the Parish's departments.
• Assists the Pastor in developing and implementing policies, job descriptions, personnel evaluation procedures, employee salary and benefits administration, employee training and professional development. Maintains all personnel files.
• Oversees all aspects of a Capital Campaign including, summary of funds received and pledged, contracts with all vendors, and administration of all projects covered by the Capital Campaign.
• Oversees major repairs, renovations and capital projects in accordance with the Pastor's guidance and Diocesan policies. Assists with reviewing quotes from various vendors to choose the vendor-option in the best interests of the Parish.
• Develops, implements and monitors physical safety and security procedures with the assistance of the Facilities Manager. Parish liaison/chair of Parish Facilities Committee
• Bi-weekly payroll processing and data management with Dayforce Payroll and HR data base. Administration of employee benefits including, but not limited to, health/dental/vision, vacation and sick leave, disability leave, FMLA, and worker's compensation.
• Assists with all IT issues (hardware and software); works with the IT Service Provider to ensure consistent, smooth, efficient technology for the parish.
• Supervises the work of the Database Manager/Financial Assistant, Facilities Manager and Parish Housekeeping staff.
• Maintains all records as directed by Pastor and Diocesan policies including the appropriate disposal of all records in a timely manner, following all records retention procedures.
Other duties as assigned by Pastor.