Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE..............................
The Diocese of Arlington is a thrivig community composed of seventy parishes, six missions, and 50 schools, covering the 21 northernmost counties and independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Since our founding in 1974, the Diocese has grown significantly, becoming one of the fifty largest dioceses in the United States. We have over 4,000 employees and are still growing. We're looking for talented and committed employees to join our team.
The mission of the Office of Youth, Campus, and Young Adult Ministries is to assist Parishes in the Catholic Diocese of Arlington to fully incorporate young people into the life of their parish. This is accomplished through advocacy for youth and young adult ministry on the diocesan level, training and development of youth and young adult workers, large diocesan gatherings of young people, and providing collaboration and communication between all schools, parishes, and youth and young adult ministry organizations.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) maintains all financial and database records and provides administrative and logistical support for office events.
• Receives, screens, and directs general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Responds directly to routine calls/voicemails.
• Receives, opens, reviews and directs incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. Prepares outgoing correspondence. May respond to routine inquiries.
• Receives and directs visitors.
• Supports, coordinates and publicizes special meetings and events, including all meeting logistics. Schedules conference rooms, coordinates vehicle reservations, and coordinates travel arrangements.
• Using materials compiled and written by others, prepares reports, memos, letters and other documents. Designs promotional materials, including fliers and brochures. Creates and distributes the bi-weekly IN Box electronic newsletter. Creates worship aids for events
• Photocopies and scans material.
• Maintains an inventory of office supplies, letterhead, and other collateral material.
• Maintains general office area, ensuring cleanliness and order.
• Designs and maintains spreadsheets, databases, and mailing lists.
• Compiles and maintains financial records for office events; prepares and submits vouchers for office and event expenditures; processes batches originating from the CDA lockbox using iMIS contact management software; processes billing, refunds, credit memos, deposits and payroll payment requests.
• Prepares expense reports for all office staff members; maintains a current knowledge of accounting department requirements for reimbursement requests as well as own office's practices and procedures.
• Provides overall administrative and logistical support for office events ? coordinates and participates in event preparation meetings; supports other event planning team members by coordinating event registration; monitors contracts for event speakers and performers; ensures event volunteers are compliant with OPCYP.
• Manages hospitality for all events - works with caterers and restaurants to provide food; orders and shops for drinks, snacks, and supplies for meetings and events; oversees set-up and clean-up of all hospitality items.
• May attend one or more daytime and overnight office event and/or meeting such as: Diocesan Kings Dominion Day, DYM Summit, YAM Summit, Mass for Young Adults, RALLY, Appreciation Dinner, Life is VERY Good, BASH, Catholic Campout, DYM Annual Meeting, Fest, WorkCamp, In-Service Days, Days of Reflection, Deeper Waters, TOT, T.B.G., YAM retreats, and other meetings and trainings.
• Maintains scouting emblem inventory, orders, and sales and office, WC, LiVG merchandise inventory and sales.
• Knowledge/Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook. Highly proficient in use of common office equipment, including copiers and scanners. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records. Ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately and with discretion and confidentiality. Self-motivated, ability to multitask in the office setting and at events. Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person; active listener; team player. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license must be maintained at all times.
• Years and Types of Experience: 2 to 4 years office experience. Paid or voluntary youth ministry experience preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ayJNmjFb6NmY4CgqwHdOgl