Case Manager - Employment
Migration and Refugee Services, Woodbridge, VA
Full time non-exempt $24.14/hour Estimated annual salary $50220
1 day telework after 90 day training.
We invite you to copy this link into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about!
The Employment Specialist of Catholic Charities Diocese of the Arlington (CCDA), Migration and Refugee Services (MRS), assists and prepares both refugees and asylees to become self-sufficient through employment in the shortest time possible under the Refugee Match Grant Employment Program (MG). He or she is responsible to fulfill all contractual requirements of a federal funded grant and meet outcome goals.
• Monitors employment and client training trends including local trends in the labor
• Devises and oversees an outreach strategy to recruit employers.
• Maintains positive relationships with clients, employers, training schools, and community colleges using a database to ensure consistent contact.
• Advocates for client employment and education and training needs in workforce and academic development forums.
• Educates refugees about the resources available within the communities in which they live.
• Supports all employment partners and follows all policies and procedures including and not limited to: discipline policy, operations policy, drug-free workplace policy, personnel policy, confidentiality policy, pandemic emergency protocols, difficult case protocols, and other policies outlined in the staff handbook.
• Maintains all required documentation and provides all services within the timelines required.
• Tracks in-kind donations and volunteer hours for reporting purposes.
• Mentors first-time Employment Specialist staff to assist with training and program success.
Documentation and Reporting
• Reports to Supervisor for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Reports any incidents regarding safety and security of students to supervisor immediately.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly program reports for submission to Office of Newcomer Services and Catholic Charities in timely manner.
• Prepares program status report as requested.
• Ensures accurate and up-to-date VNIS reporting.
• Reports on local trends in education insofar as they impact refugee resettlement.
• Prepares files for internal and external audits as needed or requested by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 3 years of documented successful employment specialist work (or equivalent) with refugee populations.
• Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, to clients and external agencies.
• Provides orientation and career counseling.
• Must be a proactive team player and create a team atmosphere.
• Must reflect good team leadership and promote inter- and intra-agency collaboration.
• Assesses the employment readiness of the refugees and asylees and creates an Individual Employment Plan for each client.
• Must be able to accomplish individual and program goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Able to work independently when needed and may also seek guidance from the Associate Director of Self-Sufficiency, as needed.
• Be able to set up and accompany refugees and asylees to job fairs, job interviews, and completing applications.
• Be able to assess and refer refugees and asylees for English as Second Language (ESL) and other trainings.
• Reports to the Associate Director of Self-Sufficiency for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Flexible to work irregular hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Office products.
REQUIRED - PROVIDE INFO IN COVER LETTER: Must possess a valid driver's license, have a good driving record, have at least three years of US driving experience, and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position
• Must be able to carry up to 35 lbs to help clients with transporting items.
• Occasionally ascends/descents stairwells.
• The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Drive long distances in exceptional circumstances.
Potential career path for an Case Manager, Employment at Catholic Charities:
Case Manager, Employment 1
Case Manager, Employment 2
Case Manager, Senior Employment 1
Case Manager, Senior Employment 2
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 15 paid holidays in 2023, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year
To view our benefit offerings:*
APPLY VIA LINK: https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oJp1lfwe