Job Title: Program Director for Senior Services
Ministry Senior Center and Services
Starting estimated salary $77,682.90 (exempt)
We invite you to copy and paste the below link to see what Catholic Charities is about.
Primary Office: St Martin de Porres Senior Center
Hours per Week: 40
Staff Supervisor: Michael K. Horne, PsyD
No Telework Available:
St. Martin de Porres Senior Center - Provides services to Alexandria seniors to prevent isolation and promote wellness, happiness, and independence, including congregate meals, health and exercise classes, and educational and recreational activities.
The Program Director (PD) is responsible for operations of the St. Martin de Porres Senior Center as well as working closely with the Director of Clinical Services to coordinate senior services in the Diocese.
• Manages day-to-day operations of the center including hiring and staffing. Ensure all SMdP staff meet service targets, strengthen relationship with key partners and local non-profits, and supervise staff, and volunteers working at SMdP.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Services to ensure the successful operation and provisions of senior services in the Diocese.
• Monitor program budget, work with Development in building and maintain donor relations, manage grants and contracts, update policies and procedures, oversee virtual, hybrid and in-person activity programs for seniors, and track statistics for reports to ensure the senior center is operated in compliance with local, state and federal guidelines.
• Submits timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reports to the Director of Clinical Services reflecting the services provided and activities conducted in a given time period by the SMdP staff.
• Works to manage risk within SMdP by submitting Critical Incident and safety reports and consulting with the Director of Clinical Services.
• Supports the Director of Clinical Services in finding new sources of funding and sustainability for SMdP.
• PD participates in Leadership and Clinical Leadership meetings.
• Serves as an ambassador for CCDA to the local community in city of Alexandria, Arlington and around the Diocese.
• Seeks to actively support and communicate the Mission of CCDA in all aspects of job. Incorporates and strengthens the Catholic Identity of CCDA into daily operations of SMdP.
• Actively seeks to improve the transformative impact of services for clients with a focus on gathering measurable data to indicate successful outcomes.
• Supports outreach efforts by communicating with participants and prospective participants via phone or in-person, or by attending outreach events.
• Actively seeks to serve the poor and underserved in new and innovative ways in collaboration with other CCDA programs, local parishes, and non-profits within the Diocese
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Social Service, Health sciences, Nursing
• 3+ years' experience in profession and working with seniors
• 3-5 years with hands on experience managing, directing, and evaluating 3-10 employees and volunteers in an unstructured environment with occasional changing daily schedules.
• Prior experience with fund raising, grant writing, budgetary management
• Prior experience with data-driven outcome measures that indicate successful clinical interventions
Qualifications & Skills:
• Proficiency in Spanish preferred
• Must maintain current food manager handling certification in order to serve and supervise safe food handling at the center
• Must be willing to travel as needed
• Ability to form and strengthen partnerships with Catholic parishes and pastors.
• Ability to form and strengthen partnerships with key local non-profit agencies.
• High level of detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Understanding of, and adherence to, the moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church
• Periods of prolonged standing, walking
• Prolonged periods of working on computer using proper ergometric safety guidelines to prevent physical injuries
• Lifting items that my weigh up to 25 pounds
• Working in the senior garden
• Safely using a ladder with the assistance of a sponsor at all times
• Periods of increased walking, standing and performing facility manager duties on site and outside to include basic plumbing, assisting planting garden, and harvesting produce
• Periods of increased standing, repairing, troubleshooting and performing facility manager duties on site and outside to include basic plumbing, assessing computer problems, assisting planting garden, and harvesting produce
• Working in inclement weather such as heat, snow, rain, ice and cold temperatures to promote safety practices on site
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year.
To view our benefit offerings:*
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR OUR SITE: