This 29 hour per week position, focuses its attention in providing support and organization to the youth ministry office at St. Michael. The scope of the position centers around planning, organization, communication, and execution of initiatives, youth nights, events, and projects within youth ministry. The Associate Youth Advocate will assist and collaborate with the Youth Advocate and Associate Youth & Pastoral Advocate ensure that all projects rolling down the pipeline are being moved forward in an efficient and qualitative manner.
An exceptional candidate will possess fantastic organizational skills, be a pro-active/self-starter that identifies and anticipates upcoming needs, exemplifies strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Windows), and the ability to communicate effectively with other staff, parents, teens, and others who contact the office.
Undergraduate degree or currently pursuing undergraduate degree preferred. Hourly compensation commensurate with experience and skill level.
This position works in close tandem with and is supervised by the Parish Youth Advocate and is a fantastic opportunity for one looking to broaden their skills and be mentored in youth ministry and ministry within a parish.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume by e-mail to: [email protected]
Basic Description of Responsibilities Throughout the Year:
• Assist with planning, organization, communication, and execution of youth nights, special events, and other projects within youth ministry
• Share in the responsibilities of youth ministry office management and communications with parents, teens, parish, staff, phone/e-mail/social media
• Assist with the planning and preparing of pre-evangelization level activities/programming within the social, service, and spiritual categories (kick-off, picnics, fellowship nights, prayer services/holy hours, retreats)
• Share in the responsibility of coordinating some Confirmation preparation related pieces with the Youth Ministry team
• Assisting with middle school EDGE Nights (and some high school Life Nights depending on time and need) in the areas of preparation, theme, set up, execution, and clean up. This position will work with teens in a small group setting at EDGE/Life Nights
• Assist with season/series planning & writing for future nights
• Help maintain social media and communications channels with appropriate and timely content
• Assist the Youth Advocate with maintaining e-mail communications and office calendar
• Assist with marketing and promoting of youth ministry events with fresh ideas and clean designs
• Assist with parent communication & scheduling of Confirmation conversations and other Confirmation requirements
• Help coordinate any needs within the upkeep of the youth center
• Assist with the ongoing fundraising efforts and come up with innovative ways to continue to connect our youth ministry movement with our donors and supporters
• Anything else requiring needed support as deemed by the Parish Youth Advocate