Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE..............................
The Diocese of Arlington is a thriving community composed of seventy parishes, six missions, and 50 schools, covering the 21 northernmost counties and independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Since our founding in 1974, the Diocese has grown significantly, becoming one of the fifty largest dioceses in the United States. We have over 4,000 employees and are still growing. We're looking for talented and committed employees to join our team.
The Office of Marriage, Family and Respect Life (OMFRL) assists the Bishop, pastors and parishes with programs and events that support all issues related to Marriage, Family & Respect Life. It includes Gabriel Project and Project Rachel, ministries to pregnant women and post-abortive women and men, respectively. In addition, the Office assists the Virginia Catholic Conference in efforts to educate legislators and voters, and advocates on issues in support of families and human life.
The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of complex and sometimes confidential administrative duties in support of the MFRL Director and in conjunction with the other administrative staff of the OFL. The Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently under general supervision or as part of a team on special or ongoing projects.
• Designs and maintains spreadsheets, databases and mailing lists.
• Routinely employs Chancery-wide or office-specific systems and software (e.g., IMIS).
• Assists in maintaining and updating Department/Office web pages and scheduling MFRL videos through Constant Contact and FLocknotes.
• Maintains FOCCUS Premarital inventories and billing.
• Establishes, retrieves and maintains computer-based and paper files and records. Maintains, secures, and protects confidential information and reports.
• Prepares Gabriel Respect Life materials for shipping to parishes and individuals.
• Tracks all Gift for Life donations in database and generates thank-you letters for GFL donations.
• Using material compiled and written by others, prepares reports, memos, letters and other documents. May design promotional materials, including flyers and brochures.
• Receives, screens, and directs general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Responds directly to routine calls/voicemails.
• Receives, reviews and directs incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. May respond directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries. Photocopies and scans material.
• Prepares deposits and vouchers and maintains voucher log.
• Supports, coordinates and publicizes special meetings and events, including all meeting logistics. Schedules conference rooms.
• Receives and directs visitors.
• Maintains an inventory of office supplies, letterhead and other collateral material. May be asked to assist in maintaining budget spreadsheets and overseeing monthly Detailed Trial Balance reports
o Knowledge/Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; highly proficient in use of common office equipment, including copiers and scanners; strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; strong attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures; ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately and with discretion and confidentiality; high level of energy and enthusiasm; active listener; team player.
o Education Required: High school graduate or equivalent.
o Years and Types of Experience: 2 to 4 years office experience.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/gJgJw8ip1Ae68ikp6flWAM