The Tribunal is an ecclesiastical (Church) court which concerns itself with judicial matters according to the Code of Canon Law.
The Administrative Assistant II performs a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties in support of the Judicial Vicar and in conjunction with the other administrative staff of the Office of Canonical Affairs and the Tribunal. The Administrative Assistant II must be able to work independently under general supervision as well as part of a team.
• Receive, screen, and direct general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Respond directly to general inquiries related to the annulment process.
• Receive, open, date stamp, review, and direct incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• Maintain the general Tribunal calendar.
• Advise front desk concierge of scheduled visitor appointments to the Tribunal.
• Coordinate with Judicial Vicar each quarter to prepare a schedule of hearing appointments for judges, defenders of the bond, and notaries.
• Review incoming annulment applications and supporting documents for completeness and accuracy before forwarding to Judicial Vicar for preliminary review.
• Input petition information into the database.
• Schedule and maintain case-related appointments for court officers.
• Prepare cases for publication, review, and distribution to internal and external parties.
• Assist the judge in tracking and moving formal cases through the annulment process from evidence gathering to sentencing and conclusion.
• Track petitioner's witnesses; distribute and track expert witness questionnaires.
• Assign cases to specific advocates when requested, track communication and retain the records for the case file.
• Coordinate the flow of work to transcriptionists as needed.
• Scan and log all appropriate case documents daily, upload documents to Canonical database, and file in corresponding case files.
• Prepare letters and documents for court officers as needed.
• Establish, retrieve, and maintain computer-based and paper files and records. Maintain, secure, and protect confidential information and reports.
• Administer and coordinate accounting tasks (e.g. prepare deposits and payment vouchers for transcriptionist and offsite storage facility.
• Coordinate and track office supply orders.
• Knowledge/Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook; highly proficient in use of common office equipment, including copiers and scanners; strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures; ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and confidentiality; high level of energy and enthusiasm; active listener; team player. Spanish-speaking skills a plus.
• Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent required; completion of some business college or equivalent course work preferred.
• Years and Types of Experience: 2 - 4 years' office experience, preferably in an administrative role providing support to managers at the executive level.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8MOGA2sDEKKdQtodRswgeK