Please submit cover letter with resume.
Meaningful work * service oriented and respectful work environment * work-life balance * generous leave * more holidays than the federal government, including Christmas week off * free parking as well as free transportation to/from Ballston metro * paid lunch breaks * professional development tuition assistance * tuition assistance for your children enrolled in our diocesan schools after 1 year of employment * generous benefits, including a pension plan * AND MORE..............................
The Diocese of Arlington is a thriving community composed of seventy parishes, six missions, and 50 schools, covering the 21 northernmost counties and independent cities in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Since our founding in 1974, the Diocese has grown significantly, becoming one of the fifty largest dioceses in the United States. We have over 4,000 employees and are still growing. We're looking for talented and committed employees to join our team.
The Office of Vocations is entrusted with fostering an awareness of all vocations, the promotion and discernment of vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life, as well as the discernment, screening, application and formation of seminarians for the diocese.
The Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative support for the Director of the Office of Vocations and the Coordinator of Events and Communication.
• Collects, tracks and maintains both paper and digital confidential files for new seminarian applicants and current seminarians. Obtaining a commission as a notary public is required for this part of the job.
• Receives, screens, and directs general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Responds directly to routine calls/voicemails.
• Opens, reviews and directs incoming mail, email and faxes. Prepares official outgoing correspondence for the Office of Vocations and vocations-related correspondence for the Office of the Bishop. May respond directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Photocopies and scans material. Receives and directs visitors. Coordinates travel arrangements. Maintains an inventory of office supplies, seminarian apparel, letterhead and other collateral material. Maintains departmental leave and other calendars.
• Maintains correspondence with the various seminaries regarding scheduling for the year, seminarian records, visits by the Vocation Director and Bishop, and more.
• Assists with planning, execution, registration and payments for vocations events throughout the year (requires some after hours and weekend work and transporting and set up of materials).
• Assists in compiling departmental budgets, processing all invoices, and expense tracking of project codes against budgets.
• Assists with regular mailings and fulfillment of requests for vocation materials.
• Coordinates the meetings of the Seminarian Admissions Advisory Committee and is present during the evening meetings to greet each of the candidates as they arrive. Collects and provides confidential candidate information to the committee members in advance of the meetings.
• Performs a variety of multifaceted and/or confidential administrative duties as required - e.g., assist with memo/letter writing or confidential data entry etc.
• Knowledge/Skills: Candidate must have a strong understanding of the Catholic faith and the ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures specific to the Catholic Church. The ideal candidate has a professional demeanor, is organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask; can plan ahead and anticipate the needs of the office; has intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and is proficient in the use of common office equipment; has strong verbal and written communication skills; is familiar with basic accounting to manage the office budget and financial records; can handle sensitive situations with discretion and confidentiality, and is an active listener and a team player.
• Education Required: High school graduate or the equivalent.
• Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license must be maintained at all times. Once hired, the administrative assistant must obtain a commission as a notary public.
• Years and Types of Experience: Three to four years of administrative work.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/LwrEWai2rkXmMioAxsqxMO