The Administrative Assistant - Office of the Bishop performs a variety of senior-level, complex, and highly confidential administrative duties in support of the Diocesan Bishop. This position works independently under general supervision or as part of a team on special or ongoing projects.
• Receives and assists/refers incoming visitors.
• Receives, screens and directs incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages; responds directly to routine calls/voicemails. Receives, opens, date stamps, reviews and directs incoming correspondence, including faxes and email; responds directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Performs routine administrative duties, including photocopying and scanning materials and preparing correspondence, briefs, reports, memos, letters and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, and database or presentation software.
• Establishes, retrieves, and maintains department and subject files.
• Drafts outgoing letters and emails on behalf of the Bishop. Proof reads and edits all outgoing correspondence under the Bishop's signature for accuracy in grammar and formal style.
• Organizes and maintains records of all correspondence from the Office of the Bishop.
• Directs and tracks internal correspondence between the Office of the Bishop and the various departments of the Chancery; organizes and maintains a response tracking system for action items and provides timely follow up on such items.
• Maintains calendar of meetings/appointments; schedules/reschedules meetings/appointments when required; arranges and maintains schedule of reservations for conference rooms.
• Provides meeting support, including the handling of meeting logistics, preparing and issuing invitations, keeping invitees apprised of any changes, and distributing agendas.
• Coordinates travel arrangements.
• Coordinates the Confirmation Schedule throughout the Diocese of Arlington; receives and reviews information from parishes regarding Confirmation liturgies.
• Processes expense reimbursement reports, disbursement vouchers, deposits and bankcard statements.
• Maintains an inventory of office supplies, letterhead and other collateral material.
• Provides confidential insights on sensitive departmental issues.
• Other duties as assigned by the Bishop and the Vicar General.
• Knowledge/Skills: Must have the ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures specific to the Catholic Church; extensive working knowledge of standard office administrative practices, procedures and terminology; highly proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook; strong written and oral communication skills, including familiarity with rules of composition and grammar; strong attention to detail and accuracy; strong time management skills; ability to learn quickly systems and procedures unique to the office or to the diocese; ability to organize and plan work assignments; ability to identify priorities among multiple simultaneous assignments and to adapt when priorities shift; ability to handle sensitive situations and information with discretion and confidentiality; ability to quickly size up people and situations; ability to adapt to manager's personal style; high level of energy, enthusiasm and emotional intelligence; active listener; team player.
• Education Required: High school diploma or GED certificate required; completion of some business college or equivalent course work preferred.
• Years and Types of Experience: 3 ? 6 years' experience in an administrative role providing direct support to a senior-level executive.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DKwDOgUgD6WndT2AoIqQlJ