Bilingual Medical Interpreter
Mother of Mercy Free Medical Clinic
Full Time (Non-exempt)
Please copy the below into your browser to see what Catholic Charities is about.
Primary Office: Manassas
Hours per Week: 40
Starting Hourly rate is $25/hour - Estimated annual salary is $52,000
Staff Supervisor: Norma Muniz, Site Supervisor
Telework Available: Hybrid (Ability to from home on Fridays)
Responsible for providing accurate interpretation and translation of medical and mental health information in direct service to physicians and/or other health care providers who are seeing patients who cannot speak or understand English.
• Precisely and accurately interprets critical medical advice and information given by the provider into equivalent terminology in Spanish.
• Assists in translating medical text from English on behalf of internal and external customers; may translate patient education information as specifically requested.
• Establishes and maintains quality service and positive interaction with all patients, customers, visitors, health care providers, and clinical employees.
• Assists with patient follow-up as necessary, to include contacting patients with appointment reminders.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA policies and standards.
• Provides occasional services outside of normal working hours on as as-needed basis.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Fluency in relevant Spanish language
• Current knowledge of medical terminology and procedures in English and Spanish
• Ability to translate medical information precisely and accurately from English to Spanish
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Spanish written translation skills
• Active listening skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
• Hybrid (Ability to from home on Fridays)
• Commitment to the mission, goals, and services of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington.
• Computer literate, including the ability to learn and use program specific software
• Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma and job experience in a clinical setting
• Certification/Licensure Interpreter/Translator Certificate and/or Certificate of Competency from an approved Interpreter/Translator training program.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12. Public loan forgiveness where applicable.
To view our benefit offerings:*
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to provide interpretation services and to read printed materials and a computer screen; and good hearing, speech, and fine motor skills to communicate in person and over the telephone and to provide interpretation services. Sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods of time while providing interpreting services is required. This is partially a sedentary although standing in and walking between work areas is required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. This position requires the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
APPLY AT https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/o5wilfwY