Summary: Serve the families and youth of the parish in a collaborative relationship with the Pastor, Parish staff, and Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry. Possess an active faith and promote the Gospel and growth in holiness through Religious Education classes and youth ministry programs. The position will require evening work.
1) Practicing Catholic in good standing
2) Strong working knowledge of the Catholic Church and Catholic teaching
3) Strong human relations and effective communications skills, including email and phone conversations.
4) Is emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of assignment.
5) Personal dress and appearance should be appropriate to the business and ministry of the church.
6) Exhibits loyalty and confidentiality in all working relationships with parishioners, pastor, and contacts
7) Familiar with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
8) Bilingual: English and Spanish
1) Days and hours per day will vary, however 20 work hours per week are expected.
2) Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends as required.
1) Monday Religious Education: prepare classrooms and support catechists, assist with special events (meetings, celebrations, etc.)
2) Wednesday RCIA: main contact for Spanish class, take notes, gather paperwork, etc.
3) Youth Ministry: Weekly meetings, retreats, special events. Assist in developing youth ministry for Spanish-speaking youth.
4) Faith Formation office work: maintain spreadsheets, communicate with families, etc.
5) Additional responsibilities, as needed