Case Manager 1 Employment (Ukrainian Language)
PROGRAM; Migration and Refugee Services, Arlington, VA
Full-time (non exempt status)
Hourly Wage $24.14/hour ($50,220 annually)
The Case Manager 1 Employment of Catholic Charities Diocese of the Arlington (CCDA), Migration and Refugee Services (MRS), assists and prepares both refugees and asylees to become self-sufficient through employment in the shortest time possible under the Refugee Social Services Employment Program (RSSEP). He or she is responsible to fulfill all contractual requirements of a state-funded grant and meet outcome goals.
• Empowers refugees and other qualified immigrants to achieve earliest possible economic independence and integration into their new communities.
• Connects refugees with job opportunities and provides case management for needed support to address and remove barriers to self-sufficiency. Barriers may include limited English proficiency, lack of marketable skills and U.S. work experience, physical, mental health, or social adjustment issues, employment authorization documentation, transportation, and childcare.
• Conducts intake, assessment, and program orientation for clients; develops individual employment plans for eligible clients.
• Prepares clients for entering the workforce within 90 days of arrival and for progressing in the workforce through a continuum of services beginning with orientation to world of work and local job market, skills assessments, career guidance, resume development, job application assistance, job referrals, interview preparation, job placement and post placement follow up.
• Enrolls job seekers into ESL classes and assists with accessing vocational and professional short-term trainings to increase employability.
• Maintains positive relationships with clients, employers and training providers and helps to develop new employer and training provider partnerships.
• Educates refugees about the resources available within their community and makes appropriate referrals as needed including benefits through the VA Department of Social Services and case management
• Educates clients and employers about legal documentation required for work; provides referrals to clients for adjustment of status, and naturalization.
• Maintains all required eligibility documentation for clients, performs accurate inputs and updates of client data into agency databases and documents services in case notes.
• Provides all services within the required timelines and monitors clients' progress. Documents clients' employer, job title, hourly wage, benefits offered, and addresses any adjustment issues.
• Follows all policies and procedures including and not limited to: discipline policy, operations policy, drug-free workplace policy, personnel policy, confidentiality policy, pandemic emergency protocols, difficult case protocols, and other policies outlined in the staff handbook.
Documentation and Reporting
• Reports to supervisor for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Prepares program reports for submission to Office of New Americans and Catholic Charities in timely manner.
• Prepares program status reports as requested.
• Ensures accurate and up-to-date reporting in VA Newcomer Information System (VNIS).
• Prepares and maintains case files for internal and external audits.
• Reports any incidents regarding safety and security of clients to supervisor immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years relevant work experience
• Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to clients and external partners.
• Knowledgeable about local job market, labor market trends, and hiring process.
• Ability to train clients and volunteers
• Must be a proactive team player and create a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to accomplish individual and program outcome goals with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Able to work independently when needed and may also seek guidance from supervisor as needed.
• Be able to assess clients for job readiness and make suitable job matches; assist with completion of job applications and help with preparation for job interviews.
• Be able to set up and accompany clients to job fairs, hiring events, and job interviews, connect clients to career development opportunities and help professionals to understand required credentials and re-licensing.
• Strong networking and relationship building skills.
• Serve as a positive role model and exhibit strong problem-solving skills.
• Flexible to work irregular and extended hours.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, LinkedIn and Facebook
SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF YEARS - U.S. DRIVING experience IN COVER LETTER
Must possess a valid driver's license, have a good driving record, have driving experience in the U.S., and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12.
Go view our benefit offerings. Please log into our Benergy website. https://www.benergy4.com/Account/LogOn?portaldomain=arlingtondiocese
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: benefits
(*If you have difficulties logging in, please copy the link into google chrome browser and login)
PLEASE NOTE: Must possess a valid driver's license, have a good driving record, have at least two years of driving experience, and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR OUR SITE: https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/o9Dxkfwn