The Accounting Department of the Catholic Diocese of Arlington is responsible for the accounting, analysis, audit, and reporting of all financial data for the Diocesan Central Administrative Offices (CAO), the Arlington Catholic Herald (Herald), the Arlington Diocese Investment and Loan Corp (DIAL Corp), The Foundation for the Catholic Diocese of Arlington, and the Diocese of Arlington Scholarship Foundation (DASF). The Department also provides accounting support for Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington (CCDA). The Department's mission is to provide accurate and timely financial statements and analysis that not only meets generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), but also assists Senior Management and various committees in making decisions for each entity.
The Accountant - Cash Receipts position is primarily responsible for preparing and accounting for deposits for each of these entities.
• Daily lockbox package - reconcile support images saved on the network to total deposit; batch checks by department for entry in either iMIS, Adworks, or Microsoft Dynamics GP and record department totals in Excel spreadsheet; create iMIS batches for various departments using Adobe Pro 2017; communicate with departments that batches are saved on the network and available to process.
• Apply cash receipt payments against accounts receivable in Microsoft Dynamics GP; and record receipt of miscellaneous cash receipts in Microsoft Dynamics GP as necessary for CAO.
• Record receipt payments in Microsoft Dynamics GP for DIAL Corp, Foundation, and DASF.
• Prepare daily onsite remote deposits for Herald, DIAL Corp, Foundation, and DASF activity received in office, and twice a week for CAO received checks or as needed.
• Prepare deposits and assist with making a bank run for any cash received in the office, at least one day per week.
• Coordination of second collections - record amounts received in iMIS; maintain listing of reporting/not-reporting parishes by collection; reconcile and coordinate timely and complete remittance of second collections to appropriate agencies.
• Maintain complete and orderly cash receipts files by entity, in accordance with the approved records retention policy.
• Serve as primary backup for preparing AP vouchers and spreadsheet payment summary for DIAL Corp.
• Assist in other duties as assigned, which may include but not limited to, preparing stock donation schedules for data entry, preparing audit schedules, boxing records for storage, responding to inquiries, and making a bank run when needed.
• Knowledge/Skills: Strong organizational skills as well as strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation. Strong problem-solving ability and an aptitude for numbers. Takes initiative to achieve work efficiency. Highly proficient with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, and Word as well as Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software and Adobe Pro 2017; familiarity with iMIS a plus. Ability to use office machines including personal computer, adding machine/calculator, and copier/scanner/fax devices. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to adapt to process change when necessary, and switch priorities when needed to accomplish goals and deadlines.
• Education Required: High school diploma and college level accounting classes required; Bachelors or Accounting Degree
• Years and Types of Experience: Minimum of three years' experience in accounting or related field.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/EOBqBohWNNGx1ulPLfXk7x