Salary Range: $52,731 - $53,865
Start Date: January 9, 2023
Primary Office:Remote (with Manassas as home base)
Hours per Week:40
Staff Supervisor:Hector Cendejas, Program Director
The Family Reunification Case Manager of the Catholic Charities Diocese of the Arlington (CCDA), Family Reunification (FR), is responsible for conducting home studies (HS) and post-release services (PRS) to unaccompanied children reuniting with sponsors. The position will require some evening work as well as on-call responsibilities.
• Carries a caseload of HS and/or PRS cases.
• Provides HS and PRS through intensive case management and coordination of services.
• Documents all services provided and all contact in case notes.
• Completes and submits client reports promptly.
• Creates electronic files for each case referred to ensure case file maintenance.
• Conduct assessment of client and family needs and assist clients in setting goals.
• Deliver and coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain direct contact.
• Conduct home visits.
• Make appropriate referrals for needs.
• One-on-one weekly meetings with supervisor (program director) to address programmatic needs.
• Participate in weekly team meetings to staff cases and support the team's goals.
o Occasionally attend in-person meetings.
• Elevates complex cases or urgent incidents to the supervisor as needed.
• Serves as task supervisor for social work interns.
o Participate in Intern Group meetings.
• Provides coverage for other case managers on an as-needed basis.
• Connect with in-house services and outside agencies to address the client's needs.
• Reports to the Program Director of Family Reunification.
• Prepares home study, periodic, and case closure reports in MRIS for submission on time.
• Provides Family Reunification activities information and success stories quarterly reports.
• Completes quarterly review of case closure files with the program director.
• Uses the data management system regularly to collect data and complete reports (UC Portal, MRIS).
• Creates clients' folders on Microsoft Outlook for email documentation.
• Uses CCDA equipment for documentation (laptop and mobile devices).
Qualifications & Skills:
• Demonstrates clinical judgment and leadership skills and ability to multitask.
• Experience in using strengths-based approach with clients.
• Understanding and applying cultural humility.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Contributes knowledge and understanding to the agency staff in areas of specialized competence.
• Applicants must have the ability to work successfully with a broad range of stakeholders, including clients, staff, volunteers and the community.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work, behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields; Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling preferred.
• Child welfare and/or case management experience preferred.
• Bilingual in Spanish: verbal and written required. Knowledge of indigenous Mayan languages is a plus.
• Experience in conflict management, accountability and confrontation is a must.
• Ability to work independently in the field as well as collaboratively as a team.
• Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability.
• Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, & Excel.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential information per HIPAA protocols.
• Excellent verbal, written and listening communication with the clients and family reunification team.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, have a good driving record, and have at least two years of driving experience.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position
• Must be able to carry up to 35 lbs to help clients with transporting items.
• Occasionally ascends/descents stairwells.
• The ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• The ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Drive long distances in exceptional circumstances.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year
To view our benefit offerings. Please log into our Benergy website. https://www.benergy4.com/Account/LogOn?portaldomain=arlingtondiocese
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: benefits
(*If you have difficulties logging in, please copy the link into google chrome browser and login)
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR OUR SITE: