Please submit cover letter with resume.
The Office of Vocations is entrusted with fostering an awareness of all vocations, the promotion and discernment of vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life, as well as the discernment, screening, application and formation of seminarians for the diocese.
The Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative support for the Director of the Office of Vocations and the Coordinator of Events and Communication.
• Compiles, maintains and retrieves paper and computer based files for new seminarian applicants (e.g., sacramental records, transcripts, psychological report, references, medical report, notarization of documents) and for current seminarians (e.g., dismissorial letters, tax statements, correspondence, records of donations to seminarians, personnel record changes).
• Creates and maintains computer-based lists and databases both in excel and in iMIS (e.g., Discernment Groups, Parish liaisons, St. Therese Vocations Society, Serra Club Members, List of Men and Women in Formation, Race for Seminarians etc...).
• Assists with regular mailings and vocation promotion materials to all groups (e.g., Clergy, Schools, Ministers of Religious Education, Youth Ministers, Parish Vocation Liaisons, Discernment Groups, St. Therese Society, individuals).
• Assists with coordinating receptions, picnics, breakfasts, lunches, dinners. (e.g., Diaconate and Priesthood Ordination Receptions, St. Therese Society Day of Reflection refreshments, Altar Server Picnic, and Parish Vocation Liaison Workshop, discernment retreats).
• Receives, screens, and directs general incoming telephone calls and voicemail messages. Responds directly to routine calls/voicemails.
• Coordinates the meetings of the Seminarian Admissions Advisory Committee and is present during the evening meetings to greet each of the candidates as they arrive. Collects and provides confidential candidate information to the committee members in advance of the meetings.
• Receives, opens, date stamps, reviews and directs incoming correspondence, including faxes and email. Prepares official outgoing correspondence for the Office of Vocations and seminary related correspondence for the Office of the Bishop. May respond directly to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Receives and enters registrations for events in iMIS and manages internal aspects of the online registration for events. (e.g. Race for Seminarians, Discernment Camps)
• Photocopies and scans material. Receives and directs visitors. Coordinates travel arrangements. Maintains an inventory of office supplies, letterhead and other collateral material. Maintains leave and other calendars.
• Maintains the office's budget by preparing deposits and vouchers; processes office's IMIS batches, as well as keeping track of expenses and contributions/ gifts.
• May be required to attend vocation-related events in the evenings or on weekends and to transport food, beverages, flowers, discernment materials, paper products, etc. to various locations throughout the diocese.
• Perform a variety of multifaceted and/or confidential administrative duties as required - e.g., assist with memo/letter writing or confidential data entry etc.
• Knowledge/Skills: Must have a professional demeanor, be organized with the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate must be able to plan and anticipate the needs of the office. Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and Explorer; highly proficient in use of common office equipment, including copiers and scanners; strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to use basic accounting or related computer programs to process and keep records; ability to comprehend and apply specialized nomenclature, systems and procedures; ability to handle sensitive situations with discretion and confidentiality and is an active listener and a team player.
• Education Required: High school graduate or the equivalent.
• Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license must be maintained at all times.
• Years and Types of Experience: Two to four years of administrative work.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/AKL6J4fN81XNkurbBuoBj1