The Operations Coordinator is a member of The Cardinal Newman Society's operations team under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations. This is a full-time position working from The Cardinal Newman Society's offices in western Prince William County, Virginia.
The Operations Coordinator is an important part of the programs of The Cardinal Newman Society in addition to helping manage office operations. It is an obligation of the Operations Coordinator to promote fidelity to the Catholic faith, especially among Catholic educators, and the formation of young people in faithful Catholic education. In all relationships with vendors and constituents, the Operations Coordinator must represent The Cardinal Newman Society, its work, and its positions to bishops and Catholic education leaders in complete fidelity to the Catholic faith.
Operations activities include: ordering office supplies; picking up and sorting mail; scanning mail for remote workers; filing; assisting with mailings; scheduling various vendor services and repairs; arranging for conference travel and securing meeting locations; assisting with basic HR functions; managing a cloud-based VOIP phone system; facilitating the flow of information to a contracted accounting firm; and coordinating with contracted IT firm.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Office check (check office supplies, etc.).
• Pick up mail from Manassas office.
• Scan and send mail to appropriate destinations (CNS Payables, Director of Finance and Operations, etc.).
• Mobile deposit incoming checks; print deposit report, merge with incoming correspondences from checks, and scan and upload to server.
• Filing office documents.
• Check stamp supply and order if necessary.
• PTO posting reminders and info to accountant.
• Upload necessary files to accountant (bank/credit card statements, deposit reports, etc.).
• Manage auto-pay bills.
• Assist in the gathering and preparation of materials needed for an annual financial audit.
• USPS/FedEx shipments to donors, Board Members, etc. as they come up
• Print jobs for remote staff.
• Order and ship office supplies to remote staff.
• Help book travel for staff.
• Serve as point of contact for shipments coming to the main office.
• Collect credit card receipts and scan to a folder in Finance for accountant to access when coding credit card and bank statements for approval.
• Serve as backup to the director of finance in reviewing invoices for payment.
• Assist with human resources responsibilities such as onboarding, offboarding, dispersing and collecting necessary paperwork, insurance set ups, etc.
• Arrange for spring and fall HVAC servicing.
• Communicate with cleaning company as necessary.
• Pick up orders from printer.
• Update phone extensions/auto attendant messages and set up phones.
• Liaison with various operations vendors not specified above, such as printer servicer, internet, phone, mobile.
• Arrange for IT support as needed.
• Assist with program mailings for staff and update program data in database.
• Assist with meeting and conference arrangements and preparation of materials as needed.
• Help document and maintain clear operational guides to ensure consistency of operations.
• Meets or exceeds expectations for operations tasks;
• Demonstrates commitment to confidentiality;
• Shows a positive and engaging demeanor;
• Adheres to the highest ethical standards of employment;
• Reports all significant activities and progress to the Director of Finance and Operations and provides regular reports as requested; and
• Remains competent and current in required skills through self-directed professional reading and attending training and/or courses.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Dedication to the mission and ideals of The Cardinal Newman Society, including its "Commitment to Fidelity and Excellence."
• A practicing and faithful Catholic who is committed to Catholic tradition, teachings, and education.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to start and resume work on projects amid changing priorities, with capacity to meet deadlines.
• High-level proficiency with Microsoft 365 office programs, Windows-based computers, and at least general facility with cloud-based database programs.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references as a single PDF to [email protected]