Facilities and Operations Manager
Primary Office: 200 N. Glebe Rd, Arlington VA
Hours per Week: 40 Exempt
Salary range $70,000 - $80,000
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Arlington, serves as the charitable arm of the Diocese, feeds the hungry, heals the sick, cares for the elderly and houses the homeless through 21 ministries within 21 counties and seven cities. Its work depends on a dedicated staff and collaboration with partner parishes and parishioners, a broad volunteer network, and generous donors who support the mission.
The Facilities and Operation Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of 20 office sites throughout the Arlington Diocese (Northern Virginia) to include maintenance management, IT requests, contract management and vendor relationship. The facilities manager must have a commitment to the mission, goals, and services of Catholic Charities diocese of Arlington. This position reports to the VP of Administration and works closely with Director of Risk Assessment and Site Supervisors.
• Facility Management: Planning building maintenance and operational programs to include property and vehicle lease, security systems and IT needs. Working with the Director of Risk Management & Quality to coordinate site safety programs and ensuring all processes and compliance programs are met. Preparing operating reports and budgets. Managing facilities planning and space allocation and preparing cost estimates for moves and equipment. Obtaining quotes and negotiating bids and contracts for third party workers. Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements. Create standards for all Catholic Charity sites to include security, IT and safety needs.
• Facilities Maintenance: Managing all vendor contracts. Ensuring the efficiency of all building systems to include security, phone, internet etc. Coordinating with department heads and building contractors on facility maintenance, repairs and up-keeps. Ensuring all utility systems are inspected and in accordance with regulations. Coordinating building security and maintenance services. Overseeing all building functions. Coordinating all maintenance issues and schedules. Conduct and document regular facilities inspections. Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment. Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations. Check completed work by contractors and vendors.
• Operations Management: Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency. Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness. Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving. Maintain lease terms (facilities and vehicle fleet) to prepare for renewals and/or renegotiations.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to oversee multiple projects at once
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across all levels (internally and externally)
• Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative, and adaptability
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy and strong time management skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
• Must possess a valid driver's license, have a good driving record and ability to drive to multiple office sites throughout Northern Virginia
*Must be knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• 5 years relevant work experience preferably in facilities or business management
• Project Management experience preferred
• experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation preferred
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12,Closed between Christmas and New Years.*
Go view our benefit offerings. Please log into our Benergy website. https://www.benergy4.com/Account/LogOn?portaldomain=arlingtondiocese
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: benefits
(*If you have difficulties logging in, please copy the link into google chrome browser and login)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK ON OUR SITE: