Case Coordinator Assistant Emergency Assistance
Salary range $48360-$49400
Primary Office: 131 S. West Street, Alexandria VA
Hours per Week: 40
Telework Available: X Hybrid (Limited)
We invite you to copy and paste the below link to see what Catholic Charitie is about.
Responsible for providing assessments in person, on the phone or by email, of individuals and families requesting emergency financial services utilizing program guidelines. Assists applicants in completing accurate and timely emergency assistance applications to help them obtain assistance to stabilize their circumstances.
• Assess financial assistance requests, process required documentation for such requests and ensure accuracy while meeting the time and qualification requirements.
• Provide referrals and links for applicants to access services within Catholic Charities programs or externally for housing, employment, and other basic needs.
• Research new community resources and maintain up-to-date referral resources for the program.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate client files and databases, as required by agency and program policies and procedures.
• Logs, sorts, transports, and places in storage in-kind gift card donations for the program.
• Work collaboratively with case managers and collateral contacts in identifying needed resources for applicants.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching.
• Answer the Christ House Lobby front door: answer questions and direct visitors.
• Assist with the planning and production of client events.
• Ability to travel in the Diocese when necessary.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong listening skills and demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to present a positive professional image.
• Ability to work in a team setting and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide language interpretation for applicants and clients with limited English proficiency.
Education & Experience:
• Associate's degree with at least 1-year experience in the provision of human services is preferred.
• Strong interest in helping underserved populations is a plus.
• Experience working with volunteers is a plus.
• Competency in the use of the internet, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software applications. Experience with database data entry required.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement K-12 after 1 year, free parking, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year
To view our benefit offerings. Please log into our Benergy website. https://www.benergy4.com/Account/LogOn?portaldomain=arlingtondiocese
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: benefits
(*If you have difficulties logging in, please copy the link into google chrome browser and login)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK ON OUR SITE: