The Communications Coordinator (Educator Resources) is a full-time position working from The Cardinal Newman Society's office near Manassas, Virginia under the direct supervision of the Vice President for Marketing and Communications.
The Communications Coordinator (Educator Resources) helps promote the work of The Cardinal Newman Society to bishops and leaders of Catholic diocesan and parish schools, independent schools, homeschool and hybrid programs, and colleges. It is an obligation of the Communications Coordinator (Educator Resources) to promote fidelity to the Catholic faith, especially among Catholic educators, and the formation of young people in faithful Catholic education. In all relationships with vendors and constituents, the Communications Coordinator (Educator Resources) must represent The Cardinal Newman Society, its work, and its positions to bishops, the media, and Catholic education leaders in complete fidelity to the Catholic faith.
Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Build and manage constituent lists and develop relationships to advance the work of The Cardinal Newman Society.
• Help produce print and electronic materials and communications to present and market the work of The Cardinal Newman Society including a magazine, brochures, donor prospectus, policy and research papers, advertising, email, website, audio and video, webinars, and event-related materials.
• Help organize events to present and market the work of The Cardinal Newman Society including educator meetings and conferences, web conference meetings, and individual meetings between educators and Cardinal Newman Society staff.
• Collaborate with the Vice President for Educator Resources to ensure persuasive and consistent messaging that clearly articulates the mission and vision of The Cardinal Newman Society.
• Meet or exceed expectations for tasks assigned by the Vice President for Marketing and Communications.
• Listen and strive to attend to constituents' interests and needs as appropriate to The Cardinal Newman Society's mission and objectives.
• Show a positive and engaging demeanor in communications.
• Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Report all significant marketing and communications activities and progress to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications and provide regular reports as requested.
• Remain competent and current in marketing and communications skills and strategies through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, and attending training and/or courses.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Dedication to the mission and ideals of The Cardinal Newman Society, including the "Commitment to Fidelity and Excellence."
• A practicing and faithful Catholic who is committed to Catholic tradition, teachings, and education.
• Proven experience in marketing and communications, preferably in a Catholic and/or education environment.
• Proficiency with communications media including direct communications, news and online media, publications, articles, audio, video, website, social media, and educational media.
• Strong ability to write and edit to professional standards the range of communications products including memos, emails, marketing copy, op-eds, and talking points.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office 365 suite of office products and general knowledge of and proficiency with Wordpress, Adobe Creative Cloud, Constant Contact or similar email programs, and cloud-based webinar programs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to [email protected]