LifeSiteNews is now hiring a Videographer/Video Editor! Come and be a part of LifeSite's team in defense of life, faith, and family.
We are facing ever-increasing attacks on the truth, and we need passionate, faith-filled men and women to come and join us in the fight to restore the Christian foundations of our society. If you are ready to stand on the frontlines of the battle for truth, you're in the right place.
The position is full-time and some travel is expected on a very occasional basis to tackle breaking or important news.
As a Videographer/Video Editor you work alongside John-Henry Westen and the video team, reporting directly to the Managing Director of LifeSiteNews' Video Department.
LOCATION: This is an onsite position located in Barry's Bay, Ontario. While many of our staff telecommute from home offices, the applicant to this position must be willing to work in Barry's Bay and reside within easy commuting distance.
The responsibilities of for this Videographer/Video Editor position include, among other things:
• Setting up, adjusting monitoring 3-point lighting studio set
• Setting up, adjusting, monitoring and having a thorough understanding of how to use professional Cinema-grade Canon & Sony Cameras: Canon C100, C70, Sony FX6, and use of appropriate lenses. (All this gear supplied in studio)
• Editing with the Adobe Adobe creative cloud, with a thorough understanding of Photoshop (for texts and graphics), Premiere Pro (for video editing), Audition (for mastering audio), and After Affects (for additional texts and graphics use). These technologies are used daily
• Setting up, adjusting and monitoring professional audio equipment. Lavalier and Boom mics are used daily
• Being available with a flexible schedule, while maintaining regular scheduled show releases
• Run-and-gun camera set ups for on the ground and live video reports
• Occupying studio space, set maintenance, keeping it functional
To be a Videographer/Video Editor for LifeSiteNews these characteristics are helpful:
• A passion for the pro-life/pro-family cause and the mission and operating principles of LifeSiteNews
• Team player
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Broad and strong working knowledge of technology (Microsoft Teams, Video Editing software)
• Highly self-motivated, organized, and scheduled
- Please submit cover letter, resume with three references, and responses to the following questions to [email protected]
Questions for Applicant:
1. How would you describe the mission of LifeSite? Why is this mission important?
2. Do you have any concerns about the LifeSite mission and our news reporting? What do you think of our editorial stances?
3. What is your experience in the pro-life and pro-family movement, and how has it prepared you for work in the LifeSite mission?