The Benedictine Schools of Richmond (Benedictine College Preparatory and Saint Gertrude High School) seeks a Director of Scholarship Giving to successfully develop and implement an innovative annual fund, scholarship, and planned giving strategy that will increase the School's endowment and its contributions to the School.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Plan, implement, and supervise the annual funds and Day of Giving.
• Manage all activities related to annual and endowed scholarships.
• Manage and enhance BSoR's planned giving program.
• Draft stewardship letters and solicitation appeals; conduct gift requests.
• Recruit, train, and manage volunteer committees for each initiative. Maintain clear and effective communications and collaboration with volunteers to improve synergy and understanding of BSoR's priorities and activities.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Proven success in identifying and soliciting funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations from a variety of sources and in developing relationships with donors.
• Experience with fundraising and data management systems; Raiser's Edge is highly desirable.
• Experience with moves management including, but not limited to, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write clear and persuasive proposals.
• Excellent time management skills and a high degree of organization, careful attention to detail, ability to multitask and to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
• An appreciation of the Schools' unique missions.
• The ability to work evening and weekend hours to support events, as needed.
Experience in a non-profit or school environment is preferred.
To apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, an essay entitled "My View of America" and a completed application to the Human Resources Manager, Jaime Harmeyer at [email protected] Our application can be found on our website: https://www.benedictineschools.org/about/employment-opportunities.