Position Description. Coordinator of Elementary Faith Formation
Summary. The Coordinator of Elementary Faith Formation, under the supervision of the Director of Faith Formation, is responsible for the implementation of children's catechesis in the parish, which includes early childhood (0-3 years old), preschool (3-4), elementary (k-5), and Vacation Bible School.
Working Relationships. The Director of Faith Formation is the supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities. The Coordinator:
1. Implements three sessions of Elementary Faith Formation classroom programs.
2. Implements a family-based at-home faith formation option for families with children age K-8.
3. Implements the Preschool weekend faith formation program.
4. Implements an Early Childhood Faith Learning program for families with children age 0-4
5. Under the supervision of the Director of Faith Formation, implements the discipline plan for preschool through grade 5 and is a liaison between catechists and families.
6. Assists in planning/implementing family events on weekends during the year. (ex., St. Nicholas Breakfast, Movie Nights, Trunk or Treat, Advent Walk, Family Faith Events and Annual Easter Egg Hunt, etc...)
7. Implements the preparation of parents and their children for the sacraments of First
8. Recruits, trains and ensures the safe environment compliance of all volunteers/catechists.
9. Plans/Conducts parent and catechist orientation and training sessions.
9. Communicates with catechists, staff, and families on a regular basis.
10. Participates in staff meetings on a bi-weekly basis.
11. Pursues professional and personal faith development, participating in professional and
personal growth opportunities as approved.
Hours. The position requires 35 flexible hours per week, including evening and some weekends. The coordinator will maintain agreed upon office hours during the week in relation to hours worked in the evenings and on the weekends.
Academic and Work Experience Guidelines. This position requires a bachelor's degree/equivalency. Position desires a candidate with at least three year's ministry experience as a catechist and/or teaching in early education, elementary settings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Qualities.
1. A Catholic in good standing with an active commitment to the Ministry of the Word.
2. Ability to supervise volunteers.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
4. Ability to utilize email and computer technology.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
6. Is a person of integrity and loyalty.
Salary and Benefits. According to diocesan guidelines. Position is currently categorized as a Full-Time, MA-2 Coordinator. Eligible for full benefits including health, dental, 403(b), etc.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter stating why you interested in the position to Sarah Brockwell, Director of Faith Formation, at [email protected]