Position: Nurse Practitioner, Part-time
Hours Weekly $45 hourly/ 8 hours per week
(extremely flexible schedule - will work around candidate's availability)
Status: Non- Exempt
Location: Manassas, VA/Woodbridge, VA
JOB OVERVIEW: Nurse practitioner providers direct patient care to patients in collaboration with Mother of Mercy physician volunteers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Participate in department and organizational clinical care initiatives
• Provides primary obstetric care in both the out-patient clinic setting and via telemedicine.
• Manages perinatal complications independently and in collaboration with subspecialties as indicated based on patient acuity and need.
• Provides routine postpartum care, incision assessments, postpartum preeclampsia diagnosis/management, and screening/treatment of postpartum depression and related mood disorders.
• Consults with physicians and provides referrals to subspecialties as indicated.
• Perform and record history and physical examinations including breast and pelvic exams.
• Advises patients regarding prescriptions and treatment plans.
• Follows all federal, state, and nursing guidelines, regulations, and standards.
• Orders and interprets diagnostic tests, including imaging and laboratory testing.
• Documents all patient's interaction in electronic medical records.
• Works with a team of volunteer doctors, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and medical assistants to provide quality patient care.
• Communicates with patients and their families.
• Treats staff, volunteers, and patients with love, dignity, and respect
• Follows agency's policy and procedure regarding infection control measures through proper handwashing, bag technique, use of Personal Protective Equipment, principles of antiseptic technique, exposure control/reporting, care of equipment, safe needle technique
• Performs other related work as required
• Nurse Practitioner license in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Master's in Nursing and/or Doctorate in Nursing required.
• Maintain current BLS/CPR certification
• Two or more years of clinical experience as a nursing practitioner at a physician practice or in a hospital with a related specialty is strongly preferred.
• Nurse Practitioner experience with obstetrics preferred.
• Ability to fully communicate in ENGLISH/SPANISH both orally and in writing, preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to educated patients of their medical diagnosis
• Ability to use critical thinking skills to address patients' questions, concerns, and issues as they arise
• Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
• Ability to use good reasoning and judgement and react calmly in emergency situations
• Knowledge of medical equipment, diagnostic and treatment procedures.
• Commitment to the mission, goals, and services of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington.
• Computer literate, including the ability to learn and use program specific software
• Skill in developing and maintaining clinical quality assurance
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick & Holiday.
• Able to use stethoscope and able to hear patients while in person and one the phone
• Must be able to communicate verbally with patients in person and on the phone
• Have the hand eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate medical equipment, a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, medical equipment and give and injections
• Stand for extended periods of time, push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch.
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 25lbs
• Ability to work under pressure with a diverse population, including staff, volunteers, clients, patients, and other members of the public on a regular basis.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and volunteers.
• The position may cause frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, and other conditions common to a clinical environment
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR ON OUR SITE: