POSITION TITLE: Donation Center Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Thrift Store and Donation Center Manager
SUPERVISES: Donation Center Volunteers
Position Summary: In accordance with the standards of the House of Mercy and in union with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church practices and policies, the Donation Center Coordinator plays an important role at the House of Mercy. The Donation Center Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the key business functions of the donations/warehouse/store interface. They will ensure that all processes and all similar components essential to the smooth and effective operation of the House of Mercy are carried out in a professional and merciful manor.
The Donation Center Coordinator will play a vital role in contributing to the total effectiveness of the Mission, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this position.
• Manage warehouse operations and volunteer staff to ensure effective receipt, documentation, and routing of donations.
• Price items, manage inventory, quality control and storage
• Safeguard operations with appropriate safety & security protocols, keeping the warehouse clean and organized
• Work with Thrift Store Manager to develop long-term operational goals and direction for warehouse operations.
• Manage, train and oversee donation center volunteers.
• Oversee EBay operation: proper handling of sales, training and oversight of EBay volunteers.
• Ensure that the donation center is opened on time and secured at the end of each day
• Maintain regular communication with immediate manager.
• Participate in staff meetings as required.
• Comply with the HOM established standards, policies, and rules of conduct for all employees and volunteers.
• Manage vendor operations as assigned
• Cover thrift store register and other assigned duties
• Welcome, instruct and oversee service groups
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred
• Be in good physical health, and able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs) and stand for long periods of time
• Good communication skills
• Well Organized
• Good customer service
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and email
Work Hours: Part time, 21-28 hours/week