JOB DESCRIPTION: Volunteer Coordinator
Ministry: Volunteers - Administrative Offices
Hours: 25 Hours a week (Non-exempt)
Hybrid (Remote/Catholic Charities, 200 N. Glebe Road, Suite 250 Arlington, VA 22203)
Staff Supervisor: Director of Volunteers, Debra Beard
Primary responsibilities are:
• Create a welcoming environment for all volunteers
• Support the expansion and enhancement of Catholic Charities ministries by promoting volunteer opportunities and leveraging the skills and experience of volunteers.
• Interview potential volunteers, gathering information about each volunteers' skills, availability, and goals; matches volunteers with appropriate opportunities based on this data.
• Form collaborative relationships with parishes, schools, civic groups and other faith-based organizations to promote volunteerism for all Charities programs.
• Coordinate and supervise volunteers at the administrative offices, and for the department run programs.
• Support the planning, hosting, and publishing of a recap, for the quarterly Parish Liaison Network meetings.
• Participate and oversee coordination, training, and implementation of best practices for volunteer onboarding, in coordination with the Director of Volunteers.
• Plan volunteer recruitment activities and coordinate with the various ministries for their volunteer needs.
• Promote all volunteer related activities by utilizing the on-line Volunteer Data base system to register volunteers, promote volunteer activities, and maintain program/volunteer data. Maintain updates to Website as needed. Provide feedback to improve the process and system access.
• Provide listing of all site volunteer activities, monthly, to Director of Volunteers, for agency wide communication.
• Oversee monthly, volunteer registry and activity information, and provide reports no later than the 5th business day of the month.
• Track service donations and projects which may require verification or "Thank you" correspondence for response accountability.
• Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Catholic moral and social teaching
• Reports to the Director of Volunteers, Administrative Offices
• Assist with other activities as assigned.
• Additional job responsibilities - Volunteer Program Oversight
o Provide collaboration and problem-solving strategies relative to all volunteer operations.
o Applies organization policies and procedures when navigating day to day operations of the volunteer department.
o Manages and delegates all office management and administrative duties relative to the operations of the Office of Volunteers.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
•Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others while working independently.
•Proficient with Microsoft 360, Excel, and Word, and comfortable with promotional software for building flyers and invitations.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field highly preferred.
• Volunteer Coordination experience preferred
• Experience with writing and publishing informational newsletters
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick & Holiday.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR OUR SITE: