Senior Accountant I
Salary Range 65k-80k (Exempt)
The Senior Accountant I is responsible for the financial administration of all revenue recording for donor Contributions, Inkind Contributions, Program Service Revenue and Foundation and grant giving. The Senior Accountant manages the Accounting Coordinator (AR), works collaboratively with the Finance team, and reports directly to the Finance and Accounting Manager. The Senior Accountant manages accuracy of all data inputs in the Donor Database and Accounting systems and related revenue journal entries.
• Cash Revenue - Manage donor contributions including foundations and individuals. This position includes bank transactions and bank deposits, monitoring and IMIS entries. Review work prepared by Accounting Coordinator for posting.
• Program Service Fee - Monitor and record all program service revenue and deposits and credit card transactions through multiple merchant credit card accounts.
• Inkind Contributions - Monitor and record In-kind contributions/revenues including researching and appropriately valuing the inkind contribution. Independently confirm valuation methodologies and support program staff.
• Act as liaison to program staff and program directors relating to program service revenues, inkind data gathering, and cash deposits weekly.
• Great Plains Accounting System - Pull reports for Development and Finance as needed
• Account Reconciliation - monitor several balance sheet accounts which include journal entry preparation for posting and correcting. Investigate discrepancies and report to the Finance and Accounting Manager on account resolutions and corrections.
• System data integration - monitor Legal, Family Services, and Adoption client databases and accounting systems and integrate monthly revenue journal entries to Great Plains. Balance accounts and investigate variances between systems. Educate program staff and provide training support for bookkeeping and client balances.
• Grants - Support MRS with tracking payments and AR on all Federal contracts
• Expense - Support review/preparation of AP voucher process weekly as backfill when Senior Accounting Coordinator is out of office.
• Provide audit support during annual audit and periodic grantor monitoring
• Attend Finance staffing meetings periodically
• Manage all monthly IMIS-Data entry for all donations for the agency including recording all data, classifications, clean up, issues, and adjustments. Review work prepared by Accounting Coordinator for posting.
• Manage data input for analysis and reporting for Development Office to include accurate donor records, balances and giving activities. Support annual audit reports.
• Ball Event Administration: Support CCDA Ball fundraiser annually with reporting ball revenues. Liaison with Development Office staff.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in business administration, Accounting, Finance
• 3 - 5 years' related working experience
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Must be a team player and able to work independently
• Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities along with effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and some database experience is required.
• Understands the workings of the Catholic faith and has strong Catholic values
Direct Reports: 1 - Accounting Coordinator
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick, 13 Paid Holidays, Christmas week off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Diocesan Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year, Employee Life Assistance, Free parking, Free Shuttle to Ballston Metro, Professional development tuition assistance eligible after 1 year. Telework after 90 days training, 1 day a week with an additional floating day.
To view full benefit offerings please log into our Benergy website
User: Arlingtondiocese Password: Benefits
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands ad arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE BELOW LINK OR OUR SITE: https://jobs.jobvite.com/catholic-charities/job/oNVmkfw8