Administrative / Bookkeeping Assistant -
This position reports to the Pastor but works closely with the Business Manager. It is a full-time, twelve-month position with full benefits (health care, retirement, vacation and sick leave).
1. Enter donor contributions into Parish database. Produce and mail acknowledgement letters and year-end giving statements.
2. Perform light bookkeeping and financial functions (Accounts Payable, backup Payroll processing).
3. Maintain financial records and ensure adherence to retention policy.
4. Coordinate and oversee events and media (including maintaining Website content, managing Sign Up Genius registrations, etc.).
5. Maintain and coordinate parish mailing lists with diocesan offices (Bishop's Lenten Appeal, Arlington Herald).
6. Perform clerical functions as requested.
Must possess strong computer skills and be competent with the Microsoft Office Suite; at least two years of bookkeeping experience; event and meeting planning experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented and highly organized with an ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in an office setting and at events as needed.
High school degree required. Associates or more advanced degree in general business, accounting, or related field preferred.