Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; Degree in Theology preferred.
The Diocesan Marriage and Family Life Coordinator, reporting to the Executive Director of the Office of Pastoral Ministries provides support and strengthens the Diocesan Marriage & Family Life efforts, programs, and ministries of the Church in Vermont. This individual will assist the Executive Director of Pastoral Ministries in supporting all aspects of Marriage and Family Life. This position will include direct support to parishes, priests and the lay faithful. The ideal candidate will have the ability to educate and communicate the Church's teachings on marriage and family life positively, compassionately, articulately educate and communicate the Church's teachings on marriage and family life. Knowledge of the New Evangelization is helpful.
Requirements of the Diocesan Marriage & Family Life Coordinator
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, reports, and legal documents.
• Possess the ability to respond to inquiries or concerns from parishes and schools.
• Presentation skills should include the ability to effectively present information to leadership and youth.
• Dissemination and interpretation of personal and confidential information and policies to employees, priests, deacons, and parishes.
• The ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to Catholic Formation and Finance.
• Possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Adept at interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Responsibilities of the Diocesan Marriage & Life Coordinator
• Promotes and supports the overall strategic direction and vision for Marriage and Family Life Ministries set by the diocesan bishop for all age groups and diocesan programs.
• Facilitates and coordinates the Diocesan Pre-Cana program.
• Facilitates training in Natural Family Planning.
• Provides resources to parishes, priests, and the diocese for marriage enrichment, support, and healing.
• Provides parenting resources to parishes to serve their families.
• Assist parishes in providing resources for Baptism preparation and support.
• Coordinate resources to assist parishes in supporting and ministering to young families, including opportunities for outreach.
• Serve as the diocesan liaison / coordinator for the annual Women's Retreats and Men's Conference.
• Serve as the Diocesan liaison to marriage and family life ministries and organizations.
• Collaborates with other members of the Office of Pastoral Ministries on joint efforts, projects, and retreats.
• Completes all assignments from the Exec. Dir. of Pastoral Ministries.
• Adheres to all Safe Environment Programs.
• All ministries take place under the larger umbrella of evangelization and in response to Pope Francis' call to "go out" and move our parishes "from maintenance to mission."
To apply, please forward your resume to: Deacon Phil Lawson ([email protected]).
South Burlington, VT 05403