Mary's Meals USA
Mary's Meals USA raises awareness and funds to support school feeding programs in some of the world's poorest countries, where hunger and poverty prevent children from getting an education.
Mary's Meals USA's headquarters is located in Bloomfield, New Jersey. The Major Gifts Officer position is a fully remote role, with locations in Dallas-Fort Worth or the Midwest a plus.
Purpose of the role
This is a key role in the development and implementation of Mary's Meals USA fundraising and awareness-raising activities. This position will report to the Director of Development and work closely with other Development Officers and volunteer supporters. The Major Gifts Officer will:
• Be a self-starter with a strong sense of purpose. This MGO is professional and persistent with a desire to achieve goals that help to feed millions of children daily.
• Value relationships and understand that donor relationships are not simply transactional in nature.
• Be flexible and open to combining what has made you successful in past roles with a unique Mary's Meals style and approach.
• Not take themselves too seriously and genuinely enjoy raising money in support of a life-changing mission.
• Manage and grow a diverse portfolio of donors with the capacity to make five and six-figure gifts.
• Invite potential and current donors into a deeper connection with the mission of Mary's Meals.
• Travel up to once per month to cultivate, steward, and invite potential and current donors to consider making a gift to Mary's Meals.
• Implement fundraising best practices by using the appropriate systems, tools, and processes to support your work, including donor prospecting, research, analytics, and communications
• Embrace collaborative fundraising by communicating with the wider team to ensure the success of major gifts initiatives.
• Identify new opportunities with foundations and grantors that align with the mission of Mary's Meals, and proactively inquire and build exceptional relationships.
• Create and author engaging proposals and execute the application process to solicit foundation gifts.
• Help raise awareness of Mary's Meals by presenting at schools, churches, businesses and conferences as needed.
• Actively participate in MMUSA staff and Development team meetings.
• Support the work of the Development team as needed with special projects.
• Develop proposals and presentations to attract new multi-year fundraising revenue.
• Build mutually beneficial relationships with businesses, corporations, and other like-minded companies, groups and organizations
Skills & Experience
• Must be able to build and manage relationships extremely well.
• Possess advanced communication skills, both written and oral (past copywriting experience is a plus)
• Experience and comfort with public speaking and formal presentations particularly within faith-based communities and a varied range of ages.
• Experience with inviting high-net-worth donors to support the mission of a non-profit is preferred.
• Possess a warm and engaging personality, with good networking and interpersonal skills.
• Able to work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to work independently, be a self-motivator, and possess excellent judgment.
• Ability to travel within the USA, with potential for international travel.
• Able to work evenings and weekends as required.