Download the full job description at www.stgabriel.org/jobs
We are seeking to fill the role of High School Youth Ministry Coordinator to meet the evangelizing, formational, and pastoral needs of the young church and their families. This position reports to the Director of Youth Ministry and is part of a three-person youth ministry team. The role collaborates with the Director of Youth Ministry and other staff - as well as families, volunteers, and clergy - in a shared mission to nurture youth and their parents to be missionary disciples of Jesus in our Catholic tradition. The team role includes but is not limited to, the following: High School Youth Nights and comprehensive ministry events (retreats, etc.), 8th grade events as deemed strategically important to a healthy transition to high school youth ministry, and other sacramental touch points for youth in grade 6-12.
• Youth will be invited to be open to participate in the discipleship journey in our Catholic tradition and encouraged to be strengthened on that journey through the sacraments.
• Youth will Belong to and engage in a Christian community and build meaningful relationships with peers and trusted adults to Encounter and experience the powerful love of Jesus.
• Youth will come to or be set on a path to Believe in the wisdom and practices of following Jesus and want to continually Grow in a relationship with God in the tradition and community of a Catholic parish.
• Youth will be nurtured to Become intentional missionary disciples of Christ and seek to Go serve those in need and want to invite others to experience the hope of Jesus in their communities and families.
• Families will be pastorally ministered to, empowered, and supported so that they can encourage their 6th-12th grade teens to live out their Catholic faith as disciples of Christ.
• The whole youth ministry team will be supported in each other's ministry efforts.
• Collaborating with the Director of Youth Ministry and youth ministry team, create and implement measurable, specific, and attainable program goals which coordinate with or enhance the youth ministry and parish vision.
• Coordinate high school youth nights. Recruit, train, and empower a team of adult volunteers to create and present engaging youth nights utilizing their personal gifts and talents. (Current primary resource = Lifeteen)
• Ensure we follow a systematic, intentional curriculum which integrates age-appropriate kerygmatic catechesis and disciple-making experiences across comprehensive ministry programming (youth nights, retreats, etc.).
• Collaborate with the youth ministry team to create effective marketing strategies to drive youth and their families to Mass, parish events, and youth programs.
• Through relational ministry, be an authentic witness of Jesus and consistently invite youth and families deeper into the joyful journey of discipleship (inside and outside of youth nights).
• Collaborate with the youth ministry team to build volunteer teams across all youth ministry programs.
• Assist with answering youth and family's questions on ministry programs, sacraments, and registrations, as well as Catholic parenting questions that come in by email, phone, or in-person visits.
• Collaborate with other parish staff in administration to ensure registration data, attendance records, and sacrament records, are managed and recorded properly and we follow safe environment and operational policies.
• Communicate with parents, core teams, and teens through effective and attractive messaging regarding our mission and programming utilizing email, web, bulletin, flyers, social media, and other relevant methods.
• Assist in the planning and organization of Confirmation and other sacramental programs for 6th-12th grade youth including pastoral care for parents and sponsors in the preparation program.
• Assist in the planning and organization of Camp Fusion, our combined middle and high school summer camp.
• Support the Director of Youth Ministry in the creation and team management of yearly ministry budgets.
• Any other duties as assigned.
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Genuine and a personal lived excitement for being a Catholic follower of Jesus; called to be a witness to invite others to also be disciples of Christ
• Practical knowledge of the Catholic faith, adolescent development, and youth culture; have the ability to use language that communicates the beauty and truth of the faith that resonates with the young church of today
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; (written) experience with effectively communicating a message through graphic-driven emails, newsletters, and print flyers and (verbal) presentation and public speaking skills
• Effectiveness in presenting and using adult learning techniques to form volunteers and parents
• Pastoral, relatable, and sympathetic of various backgrounds and stages of faith; able to care, motivate, support both adults and youth
• Detail-oriented and well-organized
• Possess a creative approach to ministry efforts
• Adaptability and flexibility; problem-solving skills including root-cause determination
• Project and event management skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to serve the parish and other staff when needed
• Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
• Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings based on programming
• Proficiency in Microsoft software products for collaboration and communication and ability to quickly learn and utilize technology and software
• Cross-cultural competency; Spanish speaking is a plus
McKinney, TX 75071