The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Education with additional oversight from the Executive Director. This position is responsible for supporting the activities of the TCCB Education Department and the TCCB. This is a non-exempt position with some latitude for the use of independent judgement and initiative.
Essential Job Duties
• Preform daily office activities, including greeting visitors, answering telephones, taking messages, correspondence, document preparation, and maintain, organize, and update Catholic school files and records.
• Gather and organize data and information, for meetings, special projects, and reports.
• Prepare presentation materials, such as agendas, packets, handouts, and slides
• Schedule and organize TCCB AC trainings for Accreditation Teams, Chairpersons, Principals and Superintendents seeking accreditation or re-accreditation
• Reserve meeting facilities and refreshments for departments as needed.
• Assist in the preparations of the bi-annual TCCB Accreditation Commission meetings
• Uses email to retrieve and send communications
• Assist with the overall operations of the office
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of basic Catholic doctrine
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, Teams and Adobe Pro
• Knowledge of the operation of a business telephone.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
• Ability to proofread, edit documents and have a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in diocesan/school matters.
• Ability to provide guidance and technical support to diocesan superintendents, Catholic school principals and chairpersons/team members.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Skill in word-processing, date entry and retrieval, internet, and e-mail, and creating databases
• Skill in using interpersonal relations techniques
• Skill in managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
Catholic Requirement: Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent acceptable to Texas Education Agency (TEA).
• Three years full-time, wage-earning related to work experience in clerical activities.
• Must possess a valid driver license
• Must submit an Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (EIM) Application for Ministry within the first week of employment, participate in an EIM Basic Abuse Prevention Training workshop within 60 days of submitting a complete Application for Ministry, and maintain EIM compliance during the entire term of employment.
• All employees are engaged in ministry and closely tied to the Bishops in the exercise of their ministry and obligations to the Church
• The Texas Catholic Conference is an at-will employer
• Occasional travel within and outside the state may be required that may include overnight lodging
• Work required in a prayerful, Catholic environment
• May be required to work nights and weekends
• Smoke-free workplace
• May be required to use personal vehicle
Austin, TX 78711