Major Gifts Officer
Full-Time Position (in-person and/or home-based)
As our manager of the major gift program, you get to:
• Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals through a relationship with TOBET so as to accomplish our God-given mission
• Secure major gifts at the $1,000 and up level with the eventual goal of raising at least $1M annually
• Work with the development department to align efforts and set goals
• Create and implement moves from the management strategic plan
• Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the TOBET Board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
• Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
• Track and report progress using specific metrics
This job might be for you if:
• You have a passion for St. John Paul's Theology of the Body!
• People have asked if your middle name is "Fundraise." You're a true people person with an outgoing nature. You're a self-starter and driven by results.
• You are comfortable using a donor database, prospect research, and other wealth-screening tools to aid in your moves through management process.
• You can make and keep friends. You establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
• You have honed your writing and speaking skills and use them to invite individuals to action.
• You aren't someone who spends a lot of time in the weeds, but you know donors expect you to be organized, prepared, detail-oriented, and consistent in following through on promises.
• People are inspired by your determination. You bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to reach goals.
• Jesus and His Church are the center of your life, and you believe that in fulfilling TOBET's mission, you are building the Kingdom of God on earth for an eternal crown of glory.
We would welcome individuals to apply who have a desire to grow in their leadership role at TOBET and could see themselves playing an important part in shaping the vision and future of the organization.
This position's salary range is from $45,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to Emily Gudde, Executive Director of TOBET, at [email protected].
Irving, TX 75061