General Summary of the Position
The Director of Youth Ministry, under the direction of the Senior Director of Faith Formation, provides direction and coordination of the parish's implementation of comprehensive youth ministry efforts to young people from middle school through high school. This includes managing all aspects of youth ministry operations, retreats, and outreach, and evangelization of youth at the parish. This includes establishing a relationship with St. Mark school students and teachers and to encourage their participation in service, outreach, and summer programs with the parish. The position is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• To be a disciple of Jesus Christ and live a life of daily prayer and weekly sacraments.
• To integrate adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by, and for young people.
• To develop and implement a systemic and intentional plan for adolescent catechesis that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
• To establish a relationship with the students at St. Mark school and to continue to invite their participation in youth events and activities, serve, outreach, etc.
• To understand the needs, development, and culture of youth, and to be able to respond to those needs in ministry and programming.
• To implement and oversee new initiatives which enable teens to personally encounter Christ through outreach, evangelization, and mission.
• To develop and direct the Core Team in planning and implementing the overall high school and middle school Youth Group nights, which is currently Life Teen. This includes coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices, set up and clean-up.
• To oversee a Middle School Youth Coordinator and to assist them in the development and direct planning and implementation of a middle school youth group program.
• To coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all youth, both parish and school.
• To coordinate the implementation of retreats and youth participation in conferences, such as DCYC and/or Steubenville Lone Star for High School and discipleship groups.
• To be the primary communicator between program and presenters/core team/parents/volunteer teams.
• To advertise and promote upcoming middle school and high school Youth Group nights, retreats, and events through posters, flyers, website, bulletin, social media, etc.
• To recruit and ensure all Core team volunteers, including all volunteers who are assisting in the Youth Ministry program, are safe environment screened (including driver screening, as needed), and are qualified to lead and provide training for all high school and middle school group leaders and teen helpers.
• To oversee ongoing formation for Core Team Volunteers through Bible studies, prayer, and spiritual learning.
• To act as a liaison with the diocesan Office of Youth, Young Adults, and Campus Ministry and their programs, services, and resources.
• To work closely with St. Mark School to ensure we are reaching out to the families and youth attending catholic school, especially to invite their participation in service, outreach, and summer programs.
• To work closely with the Senior Director of Faith Formation, youth ministry staff, and adult core team volunteers in the development and execution of the vision and mission of St. Mark's the Evangelist and its youth ministry program.
• To be responsible for other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by the Senior Director of Faith Formation or the Pastor.
• To develop and maintain a budget for the Youth Ministry department in collaboration with various departments and the business manager.
• To plan and coordinate the calendar year to include weekly gatherings for both middle and high school, retreats, parent meetings, youth activities, both during the school year and summer months, service projects, and fundraisers, as needed.
• To organize and plan for yearly Core and/or volunteer appreciation dinners.
• To implement all diocesan and parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks.
• To manage the registration process for all middle school and high school activities, including
annual registration, retreats, service activities, conferences, etc.
• Applicant must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church, with knowledge of Church structure and culture. He /She must have knowledge of current youth culture and current trends and issues within those cultures. This position also requires the ability to maintain confidentiality, develop curriculum and maintain documentation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in computer skills, and a strong understanding and ability to articulate Church teachings and to develop and facilitate youth programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in theology, Pastoral Ministry, or Youth Ministry or related field, experience and knowledge of Catholic teaching, catechesis, and documents on youth ministry, such as Renewing the Vision
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, not required.
• Musical background helpful to lead praise and worship.
TO APPLY: Send resumes to [email protected] or [email protected]
Plano, TX 75075