INCARNATE WORD HIGH SCHOOL - Senior Director of Development
Reports to the President of IWHS. Works in collaboration with the Administrative Team and Executive Board.
Responsible for facilitating, building, and maintaining external relationships with both corporate and community donors and partners. The Senior Director of Development is also responsible for designing and directing capital campaign, all fundraising needs, alumni, and parent giving, signature events, including the marketing collateral, Spirit Shop, public relations and stewarding constituents.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Plan and direct a fundraising strategy including annual, capital campaign, endowment, and planned giving programs.
• Oversee the establishment of annual goals, operating plans and budgets to establish short- and long-term advancement goals, strategies, and objectives to achieve growth and sustainable resource outcomes.
• Attend all Advancement Committee meetings providing guidance and training on fundraising opportunities and trends.
• Manage a defined portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for annual fund, capital campaign, and endowment giving.
• Establish and implement procedures for securing and recording gifts, recognizing donors, and maintaining meaningful touch points throughout the fiscal cycle.
• Oversee the grants management process to ensure timely and appropriate submission of proposals.
• Supervise and participate in a wide variety of events and activities to strengthen relationships with alumni, parents, grandparents, faculty, staff and friends of Incarnate Word High School.
• Identify and implement new sustainable unrestricted revenue
• Provide leadership, motivation and staff service to the President, Principal, Chairman, and other board members in carrying out their development responsibilities and ensure implementation of all board policies.
• Together with the President, educate and train board members and school administrative team in donor cultivation and professional fundraising techniques.
• Work with the CEO to ensure board members are engaged and energized by their association with organization.
• Collaborate with department directors to develop and produce regular analytic reports for the board that synthesize the financial progress and trends of fundraising activities.
• Exercise discretion and judgment in matters not covered by board policy.
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing major/capital gifts cultivation and solicitation, enlisting volunteers, and coordinating their efforts and energy towards the attainment initiatives.
• Superior communication skills - listening, speaking, and writing.
• Ability to manage budget and personnel.
• Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data.
• Provide examples of donor portfolio and donor pipeline.
• Knowledge in donor relationship management software.
• Leadership experience representing an organization to external audiences.
• Strong marketing/communications experience.
• Strong fundraising experience for large companies or nonprofits.
• Prior fundraising experience in a non-profit or education industry is desirable.
• At least 5 years of experience
• Operational Experience