The Associate Director of Faith Formation for Youth will oversee and professionally manage the faith formation programs and activities for adolescents ranging from grades 6-12. The Associate Director of Faith Formation for Youth will oversee and collaborate with the planning and execution of the CCE programs, sacramental preparation and ongoing parish faith formation activities related to that age group. The Associate Director of Faith Formation for Youth will work closely with the Director of Faith Formation to establish a comprehensive curriculum and series of programs designed to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Faith and its teachings in keeping with the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. This position will report directly to the Director of Faith Formation.
• Organize and oversee the Youth Confirmation program, which includes preparing the sacramental process and ensuring that the curriculum is with the guidelines of the Archdiocese and National Catechetical Directory.
• Organize both catechetical and social events for the youth grades 6-12.
• Communicates pertinent information within areas of responsibility to all families involved; includes placing and answering phone calls, sending emails, etc.
• Help recruit and retain volunteers needed for areas of responsibility; and oversee and coordinate with catechists and volunteers.
• Produce and maintain schedules for the program.
• Catechist Certification or proof of currently taking courses toward certification or college degree in theology or related subject, e.g. pastoral ministry, Catholic, etc.
• Experience with Youth Ministry is preferred.
• Willing to comply with Archdiocesan requirements for continuing education.
• Works with parish secretary to ensures that the Office of Child and Youth Protection policies and compliance requirements are maintained.
• Any other duties requested by the Director of Faith Formation and/or the Pastor.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to [email protected].