The nonprofit seeks to hire and retain employees who are skilled in their field, active in their Catholic faith, and enthusiastically dedicated to carrying out Vocation Ministry's mission. It is preferable that the candidate lives in the boundaries of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
Staff Opening- Development Assistant
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected].
About the Position
The Development Assistant is responsible for working with our development consultant and other employees to further Vocation Ministry's fundraising goals through written and administrative tasks.
• Input donations and maintain donor database
• Collaborate with our team to produce appeal letters and marketing materials for donors
• Send acknowledgements of donations
• Communicate with donors intermittently through oral and written means
• Collaborate with President and Director of Finance on donor recognition
• Communicate with foundations and maintain foundation data base
• Collaborate with our team to produce grant requests
• Engage Board members in fundraising to support Vocation Ministry.
• Attend Development committee meetings with President and Board members
Qualifications & Experience
Vocation Ministry seeks applicants who are highly motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, have strong communication skills, especially written, and a deep commitment to the work of Vocation Ministry.
The ideal candidate attributes:
• Both a strong team player and able to work independently
• Prior employment or volunteer experience with faith-based organizations.
• Willingness and tenacity in seeking new opportunities for donor engagement.
• High level knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Interest and ability to interact with donors.
Hours: 20-30 hours per week working from home- open to flexible schedules- salary commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected]