DIRECTOR OF ADULT FAITH FORMATION
St. Thomas More Catholic Church is a very active parish that strives to be faithful to the Magisterium and the Tradition of the Catholic Church.
The Director will oversee and professionally manage the faith formation programs and activities of all levels of formation with a primary focus on adult faith formation. The Director will collaborate with the planning and execution of the CCE programs, sacramental preparation, RCIA, adult faith formation, and ongoing parish faith formation activities. The Director of Faith Formation will work closely with the pastor and other leaders to establish a comprehensive curriculum and series of programs designed to enhance the knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Faith and its teachings in keeping with the guidelines of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. This position will report directly to the Pastor.
• Fully initiated and active Roman Catholic who knows and embraces the faith and the teachings of the Catholic Church, bringing a prayerful and joyful presence.
• BA in Theology or related field. Master's degree in Theology or Religious Education from a credited Catholic University preferred.
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience working in Religious Education or equivalent.
• Must be a self-starter and good listener, and exhibit oral and written communication skills; use email and computer skills; be proficient in using Microsoft word and power point; and be adept at planning, organizing, multitasking, and implementing systematic catechesis and faith formation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and organize volunteers.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends is required when necessary.
• Willing to comply with Archdiocesan requirements for continuing education.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to [email protected].