General Summary of the Position
St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Frisco, Texas is looking for a bilingual (fluent in English and Spanish), dedicated, innovative, self-starter, and passionate individual to serve as the Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Coordinator. This position will have a dual reporting structure and report equally to the Family Faith Formation Manager and Youth and Young Adult Ministry Director in serving the needs of families (including young children, middle school, and high school) and Young Adults. The overall goal of the role is to support families' efforts to be formed in their faith and become Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ. One of the primary duties of this position is to help explain both the Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Programs to parents (families), answer questions, explain requirements, and help evangelize the mission of our parish (Matthew 28:16-20) and especially the importance of our second strategic priority of Formation.
The ideal candidate is very organized, detail orientated, great on the phone as well as in person, has great oral written skills, is fast on her/his feet, a great problem solver, and great with basic technology and social media. In addition, he/she will be able to communicate in a very professional and personable and pastoral manner to families face-to-face, over the phone and via email. This role will require a firm understanding of our Parish's vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Responsible for assisting the Family Faith Formation Coordinator and Youth Ministry teams to ensure the best overall faith experience as the parish collaborates with families to form intentional disciples of all children/youth in our community.
• Family Onboarding: Responsible for be present in the office during normal office hours to be able to "onboard" families which includes answering phone calls (which includes peak seasons of high phone call volume), responding to email inquiries and general questions, and meeting with families in person. Requires a superior knowledge of the parish, the Origin program as well as a pastoral, nurturing approach to help families encounter Christ through Faith Formation and Youth Ministry.
• Confirmation Support:
o Responsible for overseeing the registration process for Spanish/English Family Faith Formation as well as Youth (Junior High and High School) Youth Ministry. This includes registering families as well as tracking payments, payment plans, and scholarships as needed.
o Fees: Also responsible for collecting and tracking all fees for registration, sacraments as well as special events (retreats, mission trips, social events, etc.) for both Youth Ministry and Family Faith Formation. Collaborates with the Bookkeeper on a regular basis to provide updates as necessary.
• Parishioner (Family/Parent) Support: Responsible for staying informed and knowledgeable about both programs (Family Faith Formation and Youth Ministry) in order to be able to answer questions and serve as the primary contact for families and parents who have basic questions.
• Supports Youth Ministry staff as needed with Confirmation "Milstones", including helping to organize and disseminate milestones complete by confirmation candidates as well as help provide new milestones to candidates as they are ready.
• Responsible for the sacramental documentation of all individuals which includes updating files with missing information and records. Includes information such as registration, registration fees, collecting fees, tracking down baptism certificates, sponsor forms, etc. Also includes tasks such as updating attendance records, sacramental requirements as well as conveying information to supervisors and parents/families as directed.
• Ministry Platform: Responsible for learning parish database software (Ministry Platform), and for keeping track of records, updating family files as needed, running reports/metrics as needed,
• Volunteer Management: Responsible for recruiting volunteers and managing their time/schedules and duties. Volunteers can play a significant role in the department and can reduce the workload. Areas to consider, but not limited to: Sacrament Recording, and Attendance (students and Parents)
• As needed, collaborates with Liturgy team and Pastoral Executive Assistant to coordinate liturgical needs, including scheduling priests and deacons (visiting priests if needed), for talks, presentations, confessions, adoration, etc.
• Bilingual Responsibilities: Serves as the primary lead within the Faith Formation and Youth Ministry departments to support and interact with Spanish speaking individuals (mostly but not limited to parents) to address any questions, needs, registration information, and general help. Also assists with translations of emails, forms, documents.
• Assists with managing vendor relationships and any contracts, agreements, to ensure all agreements and payments are approved and processed in a timely fashion. This can include researching and/or negotiating potential new vendors and providers for best service, quality, and price.
• Other duties assigned by direct supervisors, the Pastor or the Senior Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess a servant-leadership mindset with an positive, self-starting attitude.
• Must be adept at problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Must understand the importance of the parishioners and the community served by St. Francis of Assisi.
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision.
• Must have the ability to listen carefully and take direction well.
• Must possess a truly authentic caring, pastoral, nurturing spirit and personality.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly.
• Must be a practicing Catholic and demonstrate an active commitment to the Church's mission and to the sharing of that mission with youth.
• Must be capable of building strong relationships with parishioners/volunteers and organizing volunteers to fulfill specific needs of the Parish campus and facilities.
• Must possess strong technology skills including Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), as well as other platforms. Must be able to learn quickly technology tools and resources such as eSpace (parish scheduling software), Ministry Platform, Wufoo (by Survey Monkey), FlockNote (current Parish e-newsletter system). Familiarity and experience using various common social media platforms a plus.
• Must possess strong communication (written and oral) skills and be able to communicate professionally, personable and pastorally.
• Must support the vision and strategic direction of the Pastor.
Education and Experience:
• Fluent in Spanish and English is required (speaking, writing and reading).
• Bachelors' degree is preferred.
• Hours are mostly M-F, 9:00-5:00 with some evenings and weekends.
• Database experience, such as a Church database solution (i.e. Ministry Platform) a plus
Frisco, TX 75033