Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employee Type: FT/12-mo
Reports To: Director of Finance/COO
The Job: As a member of the Human Resources department, this position will interact with school personnel, and business and community leaders to ensure accuracy in Human Resources and Payroll Processing. The primary duties of this role include Payroll, managing Human Resources, Hiring, Employee Retention and Benefits.
Purpose: In this role, the HR Manager has multiple roles. This position will act as the first contact between the CRJ employees and our Shared Services HR Team and the Director of Finance/ COO. The HR manager will be responsible for administering the Human Resources policies and programs including HRIS, payroll, compensation, benefit, training, performance management, and ensuring complying with laws and regulations and participating in development and implementation of HR initiatives to support business objectives.
Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manage benefits administration including processing new and annual open-enrollment changes, communicate with benefit brokers and vendors, and reconcile benefit statements and human resources invoices regarding employee benefits programs (Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA)
2. Ensure all benefits regarding billing are accurate including new hires, terminations and COBRA
3. Act as liaison with HR Business Partner with the completion of New Hire Paperwork and Onboarding
4. Lead the process of recruiting and implementing a new recruiting process and strategy
5. Assist Talent Acquisition Manager in hiring process including: posting jobs, tracking applicants, managing interviews
6. Preparing employment contracts including faculty and administration according to job requirements, budget and employment laws
7. Develop and redefine when necessary, all job descriptions
8. Prepare of Job Offer Letters
9. Maintain confidential employee personnel files, update HRIS, and provide information for HR audits including TCCB, Archdiocese of Galveston and internal audit
10. Report the Workers Compensation monthly report
11. Report the 403(b) contributions with each payroll for payment
12. Verify G/L for semi-monthly payroll for entry by Controller
13. Perform background checks for employees, volunteers and contractors as needed
14. Assist Department Leaders with Timekeeping system, verifying approvals and correct time posting
15. Track Paid Time Off policies and distribution using HRIS system
16. Process academic and athletic stipends for CRJ employees
17. Prepare semi-monthly payroll for approval by Finance Director
18. Process payroll for summer/vacation student hires
19. Coordinates the performance review process and assists supervisors with performance appraisals and performance improvement plans; tracks due dates and reports on outstanding performance appraisals using HRIS system.
20. Make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, policies, regulations, and employment law.
21. Assist with planning employee engagement events, meetings, training, and human resources related communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the following key competencies:
Strong team participant
Exhibit understanding of corporate work environments with success managing multiple work projects
Superior written and oral communication skills
Excellent at facilitating, coordinating, scheduling, meetings and events with attention to detail and organization skills
Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility and adaptability to work environment
Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university;
Computer proficiency in programs and digital platforms related to the job responsibilities including Microsoft & G-Suite Database Software; Scheduling Software (Doodle, Calendly), Spreadsheet Software; Word Processing Software; Electronic Mail Software; and Presentation software.
Experience in Paycor HRIS system or other HRIS platform
A minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience
Valid driver's license
Proficiency in Spanish is helpful.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
Be able to occasionally lift up to 10 lb.
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston and Cristo Rey Work Study Program, Inc are equal opportunity employers.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]