Executive Assistant to President and Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources/Administration
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Employee Type: FT/12-mo
Reports To: Director of Finance/COO and President
The Job: As a member of the Human Resources and Administration teams, this position will interact with school personnel, and business and community leaders to ensure the accuracy in Human Resources and Executive Administration. The primary duties of this role include Payroll, assisting in Human Resources, Executive Assistant to the President as well as the coordinator of the Cristo Rey Jesuit Board and Meetings and Board Committee Meetings.
Purpose: In this role, the Executive Asst to the President and HR Coordinator has multiple roles. This position will act as the first contact between the CRJ employees and our Shared Services HR
Team and the Director of Finance/ COO. As the Executive Assistant to the President the primary responsibility is to support the Office of the President and serves as the principal point of administrative contact and the liaison with both internal and external parties. As the CRJ Board liaison, this position is responsible for recording the activities and minutes of meetings and organizing materials and meetings.
Responsibilities: Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
HR Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Assist HR Business Partner with employee benefits programs (Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Short Term/Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA)
2. Assist HR Business Partner with the completion of New Hire Paperwork and Onboarding
3. Assist Talent Acquisition Manager in hiring process including: posting jobs, tracking applicants, managing interviews
4. Assisting Finance Director in preparing employment contracts including faculty and administration
5. Assist HR Business Partner with job descriptions as new positions are created
6. Assist Finance Director in preparation of Job Offer Letters
7. Facilitate and maintain records for volunteers and contractors
8. Perform background checks for volunteers and contractors as needed
9. Prepare semi-monthly payroll for approval
10. Assist in payroll for summer/vacation student hires
Executive Assistant to the President:
1. Assist in managing the President's calendar using scheduling software
2. Schedule and coordinate travel and conference arrangements
3. Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements outside of Cristo Rey Jesuit
4. Coordinate Guest Speakers with various departments
5. Coordinate schedules and agendas for the Cristo Rey Network and Jesuit School Network visit
6. Work to ensure the Office of the President and Board of Trustees budget is operating within budgetary guidelines
7. Serves as a communication liaison between the President and the faculty and staff, board of trustees, students, parents, donors and sponsors
8. Provide administrative support for the School's special events in development and corporate work-study program
9. Attend major events such as Cristo Rey Jesuit Gala, Golf Tournament, Corporate Work Study Sponsor Appreciation Luncheon, Mass of the Holy Spirit and Graduation
10. Provide support for special projects and initiatives
1. Schedule Board and Committee meetings
2. Assist with Agendas for Board and Committee meetings
3. Update School Calendar with Board meetings
4. Take minutes at Board meetings and transcribe for Board Secretary
5. Coordinate Board meeting meals
6. Assist in coordinating Board Special Events
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the following key competencies:
Strong team participant
Exhibit understanding of corporate work environments with success managing multiple work projects
Superior written and oral communication skills
Excellent at facilitating, coordinating, scheduling, meetings and events with attention to detail and organization skills
Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
Flexibility and adaptability to work environment
Sensitivity to the ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university;
Computer proficiency in programs and digital platforms related to the job responsibilities including Microsoft & G-Suite Database Software; Scheduling Software (Doodle, Calendly), Spreadsheet Software; Word Processing Software; Electronic Mail Software; and Presentation software.
Experience in Paycor HRIS system
Experience with QuickBooks
A minimum of 3 years Administrative experience, 2 years of Human Resources experience and 1 year of Board Experience
Valid driver's license
Proficiency in Spanish is helpful.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
Be able to occasionally lift up to 10 lb.
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston and Cristo Rey Work Study Program, Inc are equal opportunity employers.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]