Security and Maintenance Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Employee Type: FT/12-mo
Reports To: Rogelio Mendoza, Associate Director of Operations & Daniel Molina, Director of Facilities
The Job: This position is a shared department role responsible for the maintenance and repair of the building and also for the safety and security of the school community and campus after normal school hours. This position performs a variety of maintenance and security-related activities.
Purpose: As a member of the Cristo Rey Jesuit Facilities and Operations Department, the Security and Maintenance Coordinator seeks ways to conduct oneself in a professional manner through actions and communications with others. He/she interacts in a positive and caring way with students, parents, outside contacts and staff by taking an active professional position in celebrating and upholding the Catholic and Jesuit identity of Cristo Rey Jesuit.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
* Closing of campus buildings and ensuring security systems are operational and set.
* Provide traffic and parking control to maintain efficient traffic flow and use of parking lots.
* Supervise, monitor, and patrol school campus, buildings, and parking areas, including during night-time or weekend school events.
* Respond quickly and calmly to emergency situations.
* Report violations of school rules or illegal actions to administrators when appropriate.
* Assist with bus loading and unloading of students when necessary.
* Ensure the safety, and welfare of all students.
* Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Operations.
* Respond to urgent maintenance calls.
* Assist with event setup for assemblies, meetings or events.
* Liaison with vendors and suppliers as needed.
* Document processes and assist keeping maintenance records.
* Performs general repairs as needed throughout the school district and support facilities
* Uses materials, equipment and all hand tools required to complete assigned duties proficiently and safely.
* May work with other crafts to complete repairs needed in regards to general renovations.
* Works with construction materials as needed for general repairs.
* Supports the Director of Facilities with tasks as assigned.
Job Duties: Include, but are not limited to:
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to be present and available for service of the School within the School Period between 11:00am and 8:00pm. A one hour meal break will be provided.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to act in a manner as outlined in the mission, objectives, and policies of the School as articulated in the Employee Handbook.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to participate in administrative meetings, Communities, student supervision, record-keeping and reporting, parent-teacher relations, and other duties as assigned.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to participate in major school events including but not limited to the Mass of the Holy Spirit, Back to School Event, Open House, Baccalaureate Mass, and Graduation.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to respect and help form the spiritual values of the students and to support the Jesuit, Catholic identity of the School by exemplifying in his/her own actions the characteristics of Christian living, being a leader of prayer, and supporting the liturgical and spiritual life of the school.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to participate in the faculty and staff formation in Ignatian Spirituality, Ignatian Pedagogy, and Jesuit education.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to support and promote the success of the Corporate Work-Study Program.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to actively implement the Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures as outlined in the Student Handbook when applicable.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to undergo a School-initiated initial and 3-year criminal background check, to complete required trainings, including but no limited to, an Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston Catholic Mutual Group Safe Haven online training seminar on child abuse and mandatory reporting, and to repeat their Safe Haven online training every 5 years.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to accept any special assignment that from time to time may be required for the efficient operation of the School, as assigned by the Associate Director of Operations or Director of Facilities.
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to maintain the ability to work with several 'supervisors' while multi-tasking several projects at the same time
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to be a resource to others including stop-in visitors, volunteers and staff
* Security and Maintenance Coordinator agrees to be adept at building rapport and trust with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, including underrepresented urban youth and first-generation college students.
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to communicate proficiently with all constituents in a school environment in both English and Spanish.
* Preferred one year of experience in safety coordination, security, facility management, And/or operation coordination.
* Valid driver's license
Compensation: Competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
* Regularly interact with students, parents, staff and visitors.
* Ability to work standing, walking during long periods of time.
* Be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory School of Houston and Cristo Rey Work Study Program, Inc are equal opportunity employers.