The Constituent Services Coordinator is part of the Stewardship & Development team and is responsible for providing comprehensive data support to all aspects of development functions and fundraising activities with primary focus on gift entry, data management, reporting, and to acknowledge and steward benefactors to Catholic ministries in the Diocese of Corpus Christi along with other projects as assigned.
Denotes essential functions of this position, in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Maintain and manage the 70,000+ constituents in the database, facilitating updates and managing Standard Operating Procedures for accuracy.
Process all gifts accurately and efficiently as they are received.
Review and Process donation correspondence and update donor database records.
Reconcile donations and work with the Finance office for regular bank reconciliation.
Provide Support to Parishes especially with the roster update process.
Manage the tally of RSVPs for events, assist with planning and organizing of development events including annual Events, Meetings, and Donor Receptions
Assist with follow up and reminders of appointments and events including Birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary cards, thank you notes, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with other members of the team to provide good donor stewardship by providing timely and accurate acknowledgements on all gifts
Assist donors who call or stop by the office with questions about their gift and or how to make a gift
Become the office go to person on special giving methods such as QCDs, Stock, etc.
Must be comfortable and effective translating between end users' needs and database output.
Maintain confidentiality of donor information and fundraising performance and methods.
Maintain security of donor payment information and methods.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Every employee of the Diocese is expected to exemplify a spirit of service to others, in words and actions, to support clergy and religious; volunteers; colleagues; parish communities, and all others in a compassionate, professional, truthful, and friendly manner.
Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Experience preferred: Professional work in prospect research or database administration. Sufficient work experience can be considered a substitute for education
• Excellent technical computer skills in Microsoft Office with an advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and multiple types of databases such as Access and Raiser's Edge. Must be willing to attend ongoing training.
• High speed (90 wpm or faster) 10 touch typing.
• Self-motivated and able to demonstrate individual initiative and offer recommendations
• Able to manage projects and move forward on several priorities simultaneously
• Highly developed ability to work well under deadlines, and to initiate and complete projects with minimal guidance.
• Team player; multi-tasker; adaptable and flexible to change
• Strong organizational skills.
• Valid driver's license
• Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence.
• Active, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
• Affinity with the overall mission of the Diocese of Corpus Christi
• Fluency in the Raisers Edge or other similar database
• Bilingual - English/Spanish is an additional preference but not required
• Philanthropic values and a commitment to service
• Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some active days will be required especially around events. This would require the ability to load and unload centerpieces, alcohol, and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must demonstrate understanding, respect and support for Catholic Church's teaching, mission, and values. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand.
• Submit to employment required screenings including criminal background, MVR and drug screening.
• Certification in Safe Environment training provided by the Office of Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
• Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures, as well as exceptional collegiality and ability to work in a team environment.
Medical and 403(b) Thrift Plan Retirement Benefits.
All interested candidates must download an employment application from the Diocesan website and send in the completed application with resume to:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Diana Sanchez
P.O. Box 2620
Corpus Christi, TX 78403
Email: [email protected]