St. John Vianney Catholic Church
625 Nottingham Oaks Trail
Houston, TX 77079
This position is responsible for greeting parishioners and visitors, answering all incoming calls, sorting daily mail, receiving, and distributing packages. In addition, provides support to the Pastor and the Business Manager.
• Welcome parishioners and visitors and direct them accordingly.
• Answer incoming phone calls and redirect promptly.
• Take and deliver messages.
• Check the fax machine for incoming faxes and deliver accordingly.
• Sort and deliver all mail, UPS, and FEDEX, AMAZON packages in a timely fashion.
• Mass Intentions (enter into the database and the record in the Liturgical Desk Calendar).
• Intercessions - Prayers of the Faithful (Weekly).
• Keep staff telephone list updated.
• Prepare and distribute emergency contact list.
• Oversee copy room supply inventory
• Assist with special projects and clerical requests from the pastor and business manager.
• Enter handwritten notations of Sacraments received in Sacramental Registry Books.
• Prepare weekly intentions for priests.
• Upon request- prepare sacramental certificates.
• Other office duties as assigned.
St. John Vianney Parish was established over fifty years ago and is located on twenty-two wooded and landscaped acres in West Houston. The parish community consist of five thousand families who regularly use the large church, chapel and nine support buildings occupying over 50,000 square ft.
Experience and Education
Roman Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
Five plus (5) years' experience preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume to Henry Sustaita, Business Manager