St. John Vianney Catholic Church
625 Nottingham Oaks Trail
Houston, TX 77079
This position assists the Director of Facilities with plant operations including general maintenance of the grounds, facilities, plumbing, electrical, and housekeeping.
• Knowledge and ability to perform well in all trades
• Physical ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
• Fluency (verbal and written) in English and Spanish
• 10+ years' experience in Facilities maintenance
• Ability to operate power tools, hand tools, ladders, light truck and computer
• High standard of Health, Safety and Environmental awareness
Essential Duties and Functions:
• Inspect property regularly checking for trash, building damage, plumbing and electrical issues
• Review the Daily Event Schedule
• HVAC and irrigation system maintenance and control scheduling.
• Respond to any urgent maintenance issues
• Maintain life safety systems (fire alarm, extinguishers, etc.)
• Maintenance of property plats and floor plans
• Assist with inventory management and re-order of supplies
• Assist with routine setups for various church functions
• Maintain church grounds vehicles (light truck, golf carts) and equipment.
• Assist with special projects/events: Yearly Bazaar, Major Holidays (Christmas, Easter, etc.) and others...
• Assist with housekeeping duties as required and instructed
• Support Director of Facilities
• Other duties as Assigned
• Available to work after hours, call outs and weekends
• On call 24/7 to emergency needs
Continuous walking and standing; frequent heavy lifting and carrying; climbing, bending, kneeling and reaching. Inside and outside work activities. Exposure to year round outdoor climate.
The above functions and conditions describe the general purpose, scope and responsibility assigned to the position and are not an exhaustive list of all duties or skills required for the position.
Interested candidates should send resume to Henry Sustaita, Director of Facilities