About the Position:
St. Mary Youth Ministry is seeking a passionate and capable individual to join the Youth Ministry team as the Associate Director Youth Minister and Confirmation Coordinator. Under the supervision and support of the Life Teen Youth minister, the position is full-time salaried with benefits. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• To work closely with the entire Youth Ministry staff in the development and execution of the vision and mission of St. Mary Youth Ministry.
• To understand the needs, development and culture of youth, and is able to respond to these in ministry and programming.
• To oversee and lead the Middle School youth group in formation as well as plan and implement the overall program.
• Assist CORE team in planning and implementing Middle School Youth Group nights. This includes coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices, and set-up.
• To be the primary communicator between program and presenters/core team/parents/volunteer teams.
• Advertise and promote coming Middle School Youth Group nights, retreats, and events by every means available such as posters, flyers, web site, bulletin, social media etc.
• Recruit, screen (including driver screening), lead, evaluate, and provide training, for all Middle School Youth Group and Confirmation small group leaders and teen helpers.
• To share in the responsibilities of the high school youth minister in overseeing Confirmation preparation and the Sacrament.
• To prepare and be responsible for the logistics in sacramental preparation, classes, retreats, parent meetings, rehearsals and receptions for Confirmation.
• Attend all-staff and religious education meetings, parish functions pertaining to Confirmation and volunteer appreciation events.
• Input and oversee all paperwork/ necessary information for Confirmation candidates.
• To develops goals, objectives and strategies for the Confirmation program preparation using the following:
• Sound doctrinal teaching of Vatican II and the teaching of the Catholic Church
• Archdiocesan guidelines
• Confirmation Curriculum
• Work closely with the High School Youth Minister which includes but is not limited to the formation of teen volunteers, retreats, youth group, summer trips, and discipleship groups.
• Develop and maintain a budget for the Middle School and Confirmation programs.
• Plan calendar year to include Middle School Youth Group Nights, Confirmation classes, Retreats, parent meetings, etc., work in coordinating the calendar with the High school youth group activities.
• Periodic catechist and/or volunteer meetings and appreciation dinners.
• Implement all archdiocesan, parish and Faith Formation Department administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks.
• Collaborate with Faith Formation Staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum, and volunteer utilization.
• Dedicated to their Vocation (or discernment of Vocation) as their first priority.
• Committed to intentionally seeking holiness for themselves and growing as an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ daily.
• Passionate about the mission of St. Mary Youth Ministry: To lead teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.
• An example for teens and families by attending Mass and participating in the Catholic Sacraments on a regular basis.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Theology, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field) OR minimum of 3 years of experience in ministry.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and a strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic teaching and catechetical method.