ARCHDIOCESE OF GALVESTON-HOUSTON
INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR
The Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is accepting applications for the position of Senior Internal Auditor to perform financial and operational audits as well as special projects throughout the Archdiocese. The candidate will be working independently as the lead auditor and supervising Internal Auditor I and/or Internal Auditor II. The Senior Internal Auditor will be expected to perform financial and operational audits throughout the Archdiocese and contribute to efforts that lead to the efficient and high-quality preparation of audit work papers and audit reports. This candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Internal Audit who reviews work products for accuracy and completeness. The Senior Internal Auditor, in the Internal Audit Department of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is expected to carry out the following job duties in a
professional and confidential manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
• Perform operational audits and special projects for the Archdiocese working independently or as the lead auditor supervising other auditors;
• As required, supervise audit staff in their performance of specific sections of audits and monitor their progress, ensuring timely completion of the audit. Advise them and assist on problems encountered. Review audit findings and provide guidance in determining their disposition;
• Research pertinent rules or regulations which may affect portions of the audit. Ensure assignments are conducted in conformity with standards promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors and departmental standards;
• Prepare clear, concise audit findings noting any deficiencies or opportunities for improvement based on work performed;
• Compile and edit materials essential to the production of an effective and comprehensive audit report;
• Assist Director in reviewing audit reports and supporting workpapers for accuracy and completeness;
• Participate in conferences with Archdiocesan management relative to the conduct of the audits;
• Assist Director in the training of assigned audit staff and the preparation of performance evaluations of assigned audit staff, and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting with Professional Certification, either CPA or CIA, or working toward completion of a certification; a minimum of 5 to 7 years internal audit experience, the major duties of which include experience in leading audit engagements, data analysis, the development of audit findings and the preparation of audit reports. Experience in Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT) such as ACL to download and analyze data. Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Institute of Internal Auditors Standards. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. Experience in automated 2 workpaper programs.
Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills, with attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to travel within the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Senior Internal Auditors must have a valid Texas driver's license and maintain a safe driving record.
Catholic in good standing with the Church preferred.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirement* to [email protected] and reference Senior Internal Auditor on the subject line.
*Applicants who do not include minimum salary requirement may not receive further consideration.