Title: Parish Receptionist
Reports to: Pastor
Job Status: Part Time
The Parish Receptionist upholds Jesus Christ's commission to the Church to "go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" (Mt 28:19-20) as they collaborate, communicate, and interact with parish and school staff, parishioners, student families, and the public community as we grow in our Education at the Foot of the Cross.
• Answer telephones and greet office visitors
• Produce and distribute weekly parish bulletin
• Manage parish hall, Mass intentions, flower and vigil candle bookings, etc.
• Maintain parish sacramental certificates & records
• Manage parishioner databases
• Other general clerical/office duties as assigned by the pastor
• Excellent communication skills, especially with developing and communicating the Church's mission.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships within the parish and school community, especially related to volunteers and families.
• Ability to express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
• Excellent interpersonal skill, ability to work with wide array of people and to resolve conflict and build consensus.
• Familiarity with social media and ability to communicate efficiently through multiple channels.
• Familiarity with MS Office package, proficiency with Word and Excel and familiarity with publisher preferred.
• Must be physically able to lift up to 20 pounds (moving tables/chairs for meeting set up).
• Trustworthy and able to work with confidential information, whether oral, written, or electronic.
• Quick learner, ability to see big picture and how tasks relate to one another.
• Has the opportunity for a Daily Staff Holy Hour.
• Attend the 2 weekly School Masses, Holy Days of Obligation, and Weekend Mass(es).
Pastor will conduct an initial appraisal within 180 days of employment followed by an annual appraisal.
The position is part time. The parish is closed on Mondays. A work schedule should be created and submitted to the pastor for approval.