The Lifeteen Music Minister works to support and implement the vision of the Coordinator of Youth Ministry. This person should be an individual who is prayerful, faithful to the teachings of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, trained in Catholic youth ministry, and can lead worship for mass, retreats, weekly youth groups, and other events. They must have the drive and fidelity to prepare music, slides, song sheets, etc. in preparation when needed for oftentimes weird hours.
Areas of Concentration
Lifeteen Mass, Lifenight, Youth Group Night, and Core Meetings
• The Music Minister develops, coordinates, and executes the music for the Life Teen Mass and various youth ministry needs such as Life Nights, Edge & Confirmation Mass and Retreat, as directed by the Coordinator of Youth Ministry. The Music Minister should be gifted in various styles of music- contemporary, charismatic, traditional and be gifted in leading others to join in praise and into a deeper prayer through music. Life Nights typically have a praise and worship song after the opening activity and may close with either an extended praise and worship night (monthly adoration) or closing song. Every Lifenight will end by singing "Hail Mary, Gentle Woman." The music minister works with the Youth Minister to meet the needs of the teens they are serving, working in different ways to lead the teens closer to Christ. The music minister is much more than just a person with a guitar and voice, they are an important part of the core team who has relationships with the teens. Therefore, they are invested in the ministry and attend all Lifenights and Edge Nights and participate just as all the core team does, as well as assist with the Core Team in planning events.
Retreats and Events
The Music Minister must come on all retreats and prepare and play music for all aspects of retreats and special events as asked by the Coordinator of Youth Ministry. Retreats included are:
• Confirmation Retreat (first weekend of November)
• Beach Retreat - MLK Weekend
• Various Summer Activities & Retreats for Teens
• Other Events as planned by the Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Job Schedule (Normal Week):
Sunday: (Life Teen Mass & Life Night) 3:30- 9:00pm - Print Song Sheets for mass and practice = 5 hrs
Every other Tuesday EDGE - 6p-8:30pm = 2 hrs per two weeks
Life Night & Music planning = 2 hrs per two weeks
Total = 8 hours/week
Please send resume and cover letter to Laura Rivera at [email protected]